Is it worth getting a bio pellet reactor ?

Without dosing carbon you do not have a ULNS system. Furthermore you do not have po4 at .006. That is just what the test kit says. All of those thing you mention you have are the results of nutrients (mostly) and they are also the reason the test reads that low. They simply are using the phosphate and not leaving it free in the water for you to test.

Feeding lite means you have a low demand system. In a ULNS you will be feeding a ton of food, it will all be gobbled up quickly, and then removed from the system quickly. You have to sustain the bacteria with an extra food source in such a way that it is ahead of the natural curve.

This was my tank before the crash. (moving complications)

Little to no algae. A ton of fish. A ton of food. Just a typical day in the ULNS world :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1cg8gkR_1w

I typically ran between 1500 and 2000 ml of biopellets on this system. I use what ever is cheapest between brs and tlf. Currently I am using 500ml as I only have a handful of fish now and anemones. I don't need to drive it so hard.

Without dosing carbon you do not have a ULNS system. Furthermore you do not have po4 at .006. That is just what the test kit says. All of those thing you mention you have are the results of nutrients (mostly) and they are also the reason the test reads that low. They simply are using the phosphate and not leaving it free in the water for you to test.

Feeding lite means you have a low demand system. In a ULNS you will be feeding a ton of food, it will all be gobbled up quickly, and then removed from the system quickly. You have to sustain the bacteria with an extra food source in such a way that it is ahead of the natural curve.
I just test po4 with Hanna meter and it read .08. By no means am I covered in algae, just a few spots here and there. No snails either which doesn't help. My melanarus only keeps them around for a few weeks. So my clean up crew is lacking. I wonder if GFO would help.

Back