Is there a use for waterchange water?

speedingredline

I was just wondering if there is a pratical use for this waste water. I am already planning on a system for the waste RO/DI water, gonna use it to water the plants outside and stuff. But can the waterchange waste water be used for this as well. I'm on a septic system, and don't want to dump it down the drain.

I am not sure if you would want to dump saltwater for your plants. I could see it drying the roots out and the plant dying.

Pour the saltwater on any grass growing in the cracks of your driveway/sidewalk or any other concrete area. It will be dead grass after awhile. Granted, I think it takes a good dosing to do the trick. In the winter you might pour it over the walkways to help with any icing that might occur.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6668167#post6668167 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hopper
In the winter you might pour it over the walkways to help with any icing that might occur.
I tried this. I thought 80*F saltwater would melt ice well, but it doesn't. I ran a hose out the bottom of the garage door when I was doing a water change. It melted the first foot or so, but then got cooled and dilluted enough that it froze as well. :(

I thought that the salt in the water would keep it from freezing. Goes to show that I never have had the need to try this in Louisiana. It does kill grass in the cracks of concrete though. :D Just poured mine on some this evening.

Put the used saltwater in a small bucket and put it on top of a slightly opened door. works every time and much better than normal water.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6676193#post6676193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tkeracer619
Put the used saltwater in a small bucket and put it on top of a slightly opened door. works every time and much better than normal water.
:thumbsup:

wonder if there is a cheap way to reclaim the salt in the water? probably not by itself anyway, you'd have everything else too.

Lay out a bunch of large baking pans (with rims, this is important)and fill them with the salt, then scrape that into buckets, the heavy metals and nitrates make it useless for marine tak purposes but you can use it on driveways in granular form or to throw at those pesky religious people who come knocking on your door with pamphlets about how there cult will save you from the evil lord sauragg

Oh man Zyosia can grow in molten lava, at night. A nuclear bomb will go off one day and wipe out everything but cockroatches and zoysia, there will be lawns out in the middle of no were.

Back