Is there a way to identify magdrive pumps?

1) you did not upset me
2) if you are going to apologize you should apologize to the OP for your stupid *** question, not to me...

Again, how is this contributing to this thread?????

Careful using the ***. Last time I used that in a thread it got removed and I got a profanity violation from a mod"¦"¦..yah, I know! Too bad they can't monitor what I'm thinking or I'd be removed!

From their homepage, it could be a MAG 2, 3, 5 or 7 since they all use the same casing and the inlet/outlet are ½" on all of them (the inlet is a bit bigger to fit a ½" threaded pipe into it, but still ½" after the pipe is inserted). They only way you'll be able to tell is to measure the water it pumps out or the wattage it uses (both mentioned in above posts) and compare that to the MAG flow/wattage charts.

That looks exactly like a mag drive pump

Did ya measure its shaft?:beer:

OK impeller might have been a better word but I really wanted to say it.

No seriously I have several mag 5 pumps I'm not using I can measure the shaft/impeller but then again I don't know if they come in different flavors/sizes:spin1:

True, you may be able to narrow it down a bit more by the impeller.
Again, according to their site, the Mag 2 uses one type of impeller, the Mag 3 and 5 uses another type while the Mag 7 uses another type. The shafts are all the same but the propellers are of different size/thickness.

It's hard to tell without comparing all three propellers side by side BUT if the propeller is flushed with the shaft (same diameter), then it's a Mag 7 for sure. If the propeller is smaller in diameter than the shaft, then it can be a 2, 3 or 5. Then you'll have to look at the thickness of the blades of the propeller to distinguish the 2 from the 3 & 5.

Its a seven. I calculated how fast it would have to pump one gallon of water. So at 700 gph, if i can remember i think it was one gallon per 5.2seconds, it sucked the gallon right out! for a mag 5 at 500 gph it was like 7.2 seconds per gallon. It really does have power, i put my hand on the intake and i think it gave it a hickey, lol

A free mag 7. Nice score.
I have 4 mags, and have never had a problem with any of them in five years. Good pumps for the price.

Back