Isn't that a lot more work?

Congrats. I look forward to continuing to follow your progress.

I am both excited and terrified, ha. The systems are so much more complex than my current situation.

And yesterday I really ticked the tank off, somehow I got sloppy and ended up with a little too much salt in my water change causing my shrooms, frogspawn, bubble, pretty much everyone to shoot some stress into the tank. I got that fixed fast though and everyone looks good this morning.

we don't have the bigger tank yet, the seller had some fish and corals in it still that were yet to be relocated and he flies tomorrow for 15 days. So when he returns, we're supposed to connect.... I'm honestly getting pretty excited. I have some ideas. I sorta want to shape the rock like the island of molokini. (but fully submerged of course). that would leave a "beachy" area in the center for anything I want down at sand level. I also think I'll move my giant zoanthid rock lower in the water. even though my zoas grow well up there, they are so short, I think they're a little too high in the par rating right now.

I almost crashed my tank sorta. I was doing a WC and did not get my salt mixed well enough. as I added it I saw thick salt going into the tank, some landing directly on my mushroom. (he's still mad, but recovering), then a few days later had some zoa melt. I assume it's all related. I think I have it all cleared up but it's raising new questions for me about zoa melt.

this is the first time I've seen Utter Chaos melt, but it looks like it's just a few. it's the second time I've seen my pink diamonds go through melt. I gave them a revive dip and put them back in the tank but I still lost probably 10 polyps or more.

Only thing I can think is:

a. my falt for the salinity crisis even though it was short
b. maybe it's just normal for a colony to melt a little bit. everyone seems to have theories on random sudden zoa melt. I've only seen it a few times now and I'm still learning...

That aquascaping sounds cool. Can't wait to see it when you (finally) get the tank and start making progress.

Sorry to hear about the salinity crisis.

I won't comment on the Zoa melt issue as (while I do have quite a few) I a far from an expert on Zoa. As you know, I'm more of an Acropora and R. Florida person.

Back