Jamie's Crazily Overstocked Tank .... thread

Thanks for the compliments, guys!

On another more sobering note, I have brown clove polyps! They're back! I tried the fenbendazole method last April with great results (so I thought). But noticed their return this past Nov. Ugh.

Planning on rebombing the tank when I get back from this trip. Stay tuned!

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Jamie's Maxi-Minis

RR734s9.jpg

Huge changes occurred since I last updated 7 months ago.

1. We found out that there was going to be a baby #2! And the effect it had on my tank? NO GOOD. Just like the first time around, the smell of my tank, heck, even just the SIGHT of it, made me want to throw up. I couldn't look at it without gagging or revulsion! So strange that something that i loved just a week ago made me so disgusted!

2. So, duh, tank was neglected for a full trimester and a half.

3. Then, i had the brilliant idea of nuking the brown cloves (remember those??) during this dark reefing period of mine, reasoning that hey, at least i will have a clean tank to return to after the baby comes. So, bc i could not stand the sight of my tank, i told Tri (aka the husband) to fenbendazole the heck out of it. OD if u have to! I dont want those things coming back! Well, he did. The good news is that THERE ARE NO MORE BROWN CLOVES (for now at least) but the bad news? Euphyllias (my favorite lps!!) took a beating, lost so many acros.

4. At this point, i hated that tank more than anything buy i gotta say thank you to Tri who put in so much work trying to save all my stuff and doing all these water changes for me! (We always have this rule that no one touches the others tank! Lol)

5. Then fast fwd to may and the tank gets overrun by aiptasia. By July im back! I go nuts with 4 filefish which take care of them. But i had to tear down the tank to capture them, resulting in a major rescape and me wanting to change my coral hoarding ways.

A lot of corals were let go, flower nems and maxi minis got rehomed into my nano...and even though the brown clove treatment caused a loss of so many corals, the scary thing was that it barely made a dent overall!

So, yup, here we are today with the new scape, with me aiming for the uncluttered look haha.. thanks for following along if o still have your attention! :)
19c653c6e2f584316443dcaf3c64ee81.jpg
cf758c3d7589922cd1a2b37391555689.jpg
08140d6f72e65064ba0f19523ed9f296.jpg
fb158bbf6090054c44293b200993e933.jpg
a48542f484f1506ce8bf8e6b0cd0441b.jpg
9e1e58fa9046fdc8119ca8d8a5697b6e.jpg

Hi anthony! It took at least a week for them to start touching them. I was too impatient and got 4 at once!

Hey Jamie! Just lurking the SoCal forum while I plan a trip to Anaheim. Congrats on the new addition to your family! The gig looks great, as do the clowns. Take care and Happy Holidays!

Your carpet anemone is going to worth a fortune since indo is shut down not many will come in. I put 1 file fish in my small frag tank for 2 months already Still haven't seen him eating the aptesia

How much do you want for the Carpet Anemone? lol jk

Awesome tank. Live stock look great!

Hey Jamie! Just lurking the SoCal forum while I plan a trip to Anaheim. Congrats on the new addition to your family! The gig looks great, as do the clowns. Take care and Happy Holidays!
Hi, Derek! Ah, it must be Disneyland time again! :) Be sure to check out Ali's place (amazing reefs and aquariums) which is close by. Last time i was there a couple months ago, he had a tiny purple mertens and an orange one as well. He also has some really cool wc true percs in his displays.
Your carpet anemone is going to worth a fortune since indo is shut down not many will come in. I put 1 file fish in my small frag tank for 2 months already Still haven't seen him eating the aptesia
I know! Makes me wish i never sold my green one...hmmm...then again, maybe not. The thing ate hundreds of $$ of anthias!

Hmm....i never really SAWthem eat the aiptasia. Just started disappearing.
How much do you want for the Carpet Anemone? lol jk

Awesome tank. Live stock look great!
Thanks!

I know! Makes me wish i never sold my green one...hmmm...then again, maybe not. The thing ate hundreds of $$ of anthias!

It's currently moving around the rock structure reking hundreds worth of SPS! lol.. I'm moving around my SPS frags based on where the nem wants to settle... not sure why he's moving after so long in the same spot :hmm4:

It's currently moving around the rock structure reking hundreds worth of SPS! lol.. I'm moving around my SPS frags based on where the nem wants to settle... not sure why he's moving after so long in the same spot :hmm4:
Oh mannn, the things we put up with when we keep these guys, huh? Tri always asks, how the heck do u use up so much putty/glue so fast? Bc things are always being glued then reglued based on where anemones walk to! Lol

Just like the green gig years ago, my blue gig one decided to settle on the highest point in my tank, and consequentially taking up precious acro space. Its been a heck of a month trying to keep up with this guy's wandering all over my rock, gluing then regluing sps. Hopefully this is it!
819679df2d639588bc4ce4f5f7860bb8.jpg

Other updates...

Picked up this green bubble from member dwarfmorayeel's tank breakdown.
4290b3ec4f2f15a77f0413b191c9a5e1.jpg

And this guy from member nickrosenthal. Interestingly, there are 2 different green on green color variants on seperate heads

a2f01b301ef495ccfe44762c947e387d.jpg

Gonioporas are starting to become one of my favorites. The giant one is ORA.

5bf46ca32b4fa5532f4c3b453b3d4f73.jpg
ee585a48d5b4f2e2534e4c778993a3fc.jpg

My trio of torches.
d768810d6b08712f3a5e0197b315ad86.jpg

Couple of my hammers
9689670e7b371c5b8df8affa83b245b0.jpg

The top half of the tank is still acro-frag dominated. My goal is still to grow them out into a forest of sps like so many ppl on this forum. I've never been able to do it, but am so excited to keep trying! Haha. Man, it takes a lot of time, skill, and patience! I really admire those that can!

Hey Jamie, it was nice meeting you at Nick's a couple weeks back. Wasn't trying to be rude to Tri, just had been so long since I saw the dude that i had forgotten what he looked like. lol. Funny that you were at Nicks and also at Theo's (dwarfmoray) because I made the drive up to valencia also, got a great deal on both of his kessil lights. That dude is super nice and super generous. Hope he finds a buyer quick for his tank before I end up getting it and putting it in my bathroom. lol...anyway, nice tank and sweet blue gig nem.

How's the Setosa Jamie?

It's doing well! You should've picked it up...they're actually super easy. Trust me, if I can keep it alive.....! haha

Hey Jamie, it was nice meeting you at Nick's a couple weeks back. Wasn't trying to be rude to Tri, just had been so long since I saw the dude that i had forgotten what he looked like. lol. Funny that you were at Nicks and also at Theo's (dwarfmoray) because I made the drive up to valencia also, got a great deal on both of his kessil lights. That dude is super nice and super generous. Hope he finds a buyer quick for his tank before I end up getting it and putting it in my bathroom. lol...anyway, nice tank and sweet blue gig nem.

It was good to meet you too! Haha im eyeing that cadlights tank too! Would love to set up a ritteri anemone tank with orange skunks, but seriously have no room. I have these grand visions of turning our laundry room into a 300 gallon in wall tank, but Tri says heck no! Hmm...someday, i hope? Lol

It's doing well! You should've picked it up...they're actually super easy. Trust me, if I can keep it alive.....! haha

It was good to meet you too! Haha im eyeing that cadlights tank too! Would love to set up a ritteri anemone tank with orange skunks, but seriously have no room. I have these grand visions of turning our laundry room into a 300 gallon in wall tank, but Tri says heck no! Hmm...someday, i hope? Lol

I know I should have lol. He gave me a small frag and it's doing well, oh well next time.

You beat me to the bubble coral Jamie! I tried to get that sucker. I might take a ride down tomorrow to get some of his rock if it's still alive. Still waiting to hear back

I saw this tank over the weekend and it's absolutely gorgeous. Pics don't do it justice. The aquascaping is stellar and the blue nem looks incredible where it has settled. I personally would rather have that gig up there as a showpiece then any acro

You beat me to the bubble coral Jamie! I tried to get that sucker. I might take a ride down tomorrow to get some of his rock if it's still alive. Still waiting to hear back

I saw this tank over the weekend and it's absolutely gorgeous. Pics don't do it justice. The aquascaping is stellar and the blue nem looks incredible where it has settled. I personally would rather have that gig up there as a showpiece then any acro
It was great seeing you over the weekend! Thank you for the kind words on my tank. You need to update/start a new thread on all those goodies that I heard you picked up!

Back