JCole's big ol empty box(at the moment)

Those reports are interesting. I'm not sure how hung up I would be on the balance score and messing too much with it. I guess it depends how observably healthy the system in question is. I'd like to do one of these tests at some point but they're almost triple the cost of an ICP test to get done from Canada. That's a few cases of beer! 😀

Those reports are interesting. I'm not sure how hung up I would be on the balance score and messing too much with it. I guess it depends how observably healthy the system in question is. I'd like to do one of these tests at some point but they're almost triple the cost of an ICP test to get done from Canada. That's a few cases of beer! 😀

This was before my cipro treatment. Corals were not looking good at all. Corals have improved after Cipro. I will run another test in the next month or so and see what it shows. Curious to see how much it changes.

About $99 bucks here in the states. I did an ICP test a month before this and nothing really jumped out at me. I really think these tests will help in the future for unknown problems.

Oh, and I don't blame you. I would pick a few cases of beer over this any day :ROFLMAO:

The lack of diversity stands out more than the high percentage of Oceanospirillaceae. Since this is a pretty new setup all the numbers will change significantly though as the system matures. Anotyjher consideration is Aquabiomics isn't testing the individual coral holobionts, just what's in the water and biofilm of dark areas. Here's a couple papers you may find interesting:

Uv sterilizer plumbed in running as of yesterday. This thing is a beast. Don't mind the wires. These are all temporary until the new tank is up and running.

20220929_203501.jpg

Spent all week buffing out the tank. Tank is finally done. I am going to start filling up the tank tomorrow. It's going to take a week to fill up!

The lack of diversity stands out more than the high percentage of Oceanospirillaceae. Since this is a pretty new setup all the numbers will change significantly though as the system matures. Anotyjher consideration is Aquabiomics isn't testing the individual coral holobionts, just what's in the water and biofilm of dark areas. Here's a couple papers you may find interesting:

Thanks for the papers and info. Also, the system this was was pulled from is over 3 years old. I will run another one in a couple months. Curious to see what I will have after running Cipro and reinstalling a UV sterilizer.

As they used to say in some 90’s video games…. “YOU’RE HALF WAY THERE! GO FOR IT!!!”

As they used to say in some 90’s video games…. “YOU’RE HALF WAY THERE! GO FOR IT!!!”

Oh I am going for it. My wife isn't going to like the water bill though. I am pushing my RODI unit to its limit! I changed the filters before making water and my DI is almost 50% exhausted. It has been running non stop for 3 days.

Since your water changes will always be big as well you might want to consider stacking some membranes in series. I'll never go back to single membrane after doing it.

Oh I am going for it. My wife isn't going to like the water bill though. I am pushing my RODI unit to its limit! I changed the filters before making water and my DI is almost 50% exhausted. It has been running non stop for 3 days.
Could contact the water company and see if they give a “pool filling” discount.

I know my local water gives us a discount on it

Since your water changes will always be big as well you might want to consider stacking some membranes in series. I'll never go back to single membrane after doing it.

Perfect! Thanks for the tip. This is going on the list. I will be upgrading my water storage reservoirs to 100 or 150 gallon here very soon and this will be a big upgrade.

Do you have recommendations/places for large white storage containers?

Could contact the water company and see if they give a “pool filling” discount.

I know my local water gives us a discount on it

I didn't know of such a thing. Thanks the tip. I will check with them tomorrow as I am sure it will look like I am constantly filling up a pool over here.

Perfect! Thanks for the tip. This is going on the list. I will be upgrading my water storage reservoirs to 100 or 150 gallon here very soon and this will be a big upgrade.

Do you have recommendations/places for large white storage containers?
I'm in Canada so no help on places. As for containers I see these 275 gallon IBC containers used on Kijiji (don't think you have that) for as low as $50 sometimes. It doesn't need the metal cage, that is for transport. Having said that. you should be able to find some good size tanks at Tractor Supply (TSC) in the States if you want new.

Totes-3.png

I just use a 55 gallon blue barrel myself.

I'm in Canada so no help on places. As for containers I see these 275 gallon IBC containers used on Kijiji (don't think you have that) for as low as $50 sometimes. It doesn't need the metal cage, that is for transport. Having said that. you should be able to find some good size tanks at Tractor Supply (TSC) in the States if you want new.

Totes-3.png

I just use a 55 gallon blue barrel myself.

I have looked at those totes but I never liked the top opening. Seems like it would be a pain to access/clean.

I found some online sites that have reasonable pricing and shipping. I will check around. Maybe Tractor Supply or Northern Tool will be my best bet.

Back