Jebao DCP return pump?

Sweet ! loving the pump. Its dead silent.

Running it at 100% it was a hair less flow then the the Iwaki md55 at 100%

I'm running this pump at 70W and saving 120W 24/7 which is saving me 167 dollars a year.

If the pump last 7 months I break even

I like the pump enough I bough the rare DCP 2500 and had to order it from China. I only found 2 that exist.

I need 300gph max for my calcium reactor circulation pump. should be able to turn it down to about 10W bit have 3 X the flow the eheim 1048

Im running two DCP 18000 in series, but have anyone tried or figured out how to use 0-10V on the large pumps? The only thing missing for me is to be able to use 0-10V and it seems they dont provide it on the large pumps by some reason.

Im running two DCP 18000 in series, but have anyone tried or figured out how to use 0-10V on the large pumps? The only thing missing for me is to be able to use 0-10V and it seems they dont provide it on the large pumps by some reason.

Funny I put the DCP10000 pump in the sink and was able to go down to 1% and had low flow just above zero with no head pressure.

With head pressure the pump threw error codes until I turned it high enough to overcome the head pressure.

Attachments

• 3CD60F40-9D3B-4B19-A10F-24CE7485B67A.jpeg
    3CD60F40-9D3B-4B19-A10F-24CE7485B67A.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
fishbox,
I've been considering a DCP-4000. Do you know if a 1" threaded female adaptor would screw on to the output of the pump like in the attached picture?

It should not. The DCP have an oring that does the sealing.

You could easily adapt any plumbing on their stock adaptors that come with the unit.

fishbox,
I've been considering a DCP-4000. Do you know if a 1" threaded female adaptor would screw on to the output of the pump like in the attached picture?
No hard plumbing that I found would mount to the DCS 4000. You will need to start with some sort of tubing 1st. Then convert to hard plumbing.

Cleaned up my plumbing and did 10' of 1 1/4" return pvc, and used no adaptors or gate valves, and no T's, I just used a Y instead and bent all pvc using a heat gun.

I was running at 100% and 80W for the DCP 10000, and now with these plumbing changed, I'm running 75% and or 50W of power for the same flow as before.

I currently have a DCS 3000 in the sump for my 20 gallon display (20 gallon display + 5 gallon sump). The DCS has been great. Silent, reliable, etc. for 1.5 years. No maintenance, no cleaning. The DCS 3000 is running at the second (lowest) speed. The third speed works OK too.

I want to buy another pump to have it on hand as a spare. Actually put the new one and take the old one out, clean it and have it as a spare.

Should I get:
1. DCS-3000
2. DCP-3000
3. DCP-5000 -- I guess I would have to run it at the lowest setting. Obviously, this would be the better option in case I want to upgrade to a bigger tank later on. But I wonder if it even the lowest setting would be too much for my current setup.

Your thoughts please.

Side note.

Did a kill a watt on my DCP 10000 and when it stated 50W it measured 57W so its pretty dang close.

One would need to test the kill a watt at that point, that is within the range of error on a kill a watt

Thanks Outy. So you recommend DCP3000, the most recent model? The sine wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Outy. So you recommend DCP3000, the most recent model? The sine wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes.

I found a rare DCP 2500, had to get it out of China, works perfect on my calcium reactor on it slowest setting. measured 6.9 W on lowest setting.

But you may not even need a back up pump, and if you get the dcp 3000 and ever upgrade tank size, you will have 2 small pumps.

Yes.

I found a rare DCP 2500, had to get it out of China, works perfect on my calcium reactor on it slowest setting. measured 6.9 W on lowest setting.

But you may not even need a back up pump, and if you get the dcp 3000 and ever upgrade tank size, you will have 2 small pumps.

Thanks for the feedback. Just ordered the DCP 3000 on Amazon for $63. When I get it, I will swap my DCS 3000 with the new one, clean it in vinegar solution and keep it as backup.

Side note.

Did a kill a watt on my DCP 10000 and when it stated 50W it measured 57W so its pretty dang close.

One would need to test the kill a watt at that point, that is within the range of error on a kill a watt

No need. It’s most likely giving you a pretty accurate reading. If you have a AC pump , with 0 head you can get a rough idea. There are no loses with the AC. You could try to confirm it with the AC pump.
Typically a power supply has a 10% loss , which falls very close to your results.

No need. It's most likely giving you a pretty accurate reading. If you have a AC pump , with 0 head you can get a rough idea. There are no loses with the AC. You could try to confirm it with the AC pump.
Typically a power supply has a 10% loss , which falls very close to your results.

Thanks bud! I read up on kill a watts and on lower wattages they said accuracy was not the best.

Its cool that with 8 -9' of head pressure that the pump came close to its visual rating

Thanks for the feedback. Just ordered the DCP 3000 on Amazon for $63. When I get it, I will swap my DCS 3000 with the new one, clean it in vinegar solution and keep it as backup.

Great idea, I didn't know the original was a DCS, this one should be lower wattage and less vibrations

My 2500 is dead silent and no vibrations at all on its low setting

I had DCP 15000 and with 3/4 pvc pipe. going about 10ft up and 6 ft over. I could only get a trickle out of my return at the tank with pump going 100%. I returned it. I assume my pipe is too small and restricting all flow.
Im considering getting the DCP 18000 and changing my return to my tank to
1 1/4 in pvc or 1 1/2 in.
Any help is appreciated on this one.

Back