• Else: Random Mode

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • H: Flow Mode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • C: Shift to flow mode

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Running two RW4s on a 24x18x18", controlled by Apex. Very quiet, very strong, almost too much @ 100%. Planning to run them on my next build, 32x24x20"h.

If I turn the dial even a slight bit clockwise (slower) the waves will splash out.

IMG_7631.jpg
[/IMG]

I got tired of the sync timing issue so ordered the jbwave controller, i will say out of the box i was blown away that the pumps are so in check. I recommend this over the controllers anyday.

How long do these last In general? I heard the wp lasted under 1 year for quite a bit of people. Planing to get some for new 100 gallon tank.

Have had my WP40 for just over a year with no issues and cleaned it about 3 tines so far. The WP is fairly new at about 4 months.

I just ordered my rw-15 from reefbreeders i was going to go with the rw-8 but right now i have a mp40 vortech on one side of my tank and a mp10 on the other they are both at full speed and its still not enough flow for me. I dont have the $350 for another mp40 right now so im trying this and see how it works out and will put the mp10 in my frag tank.

How long do these last In general? I heard the wp lasted under 1 year for quite a bit of people. Planing to get some for new 100 gallon tank.

My WP40 lasted about 1 year. I still think it's a good pump for the $

I replaced it with a couple of hydor koralia's 1400-1500GPH and miss the wave action and power of the Jebao. I tried the hydor wavemaker, but it made the pumps noisy when switching off and on.

I will probably go back to Jebao soon.

Although I am considering the new Neptune WAV, but I'm concerned about the size of the pumps.

LOSS FOR WORDS!!!! in a good way!!!!

LOSS FOR WORDS!!!! in a good way!!!!

I just got my rw-15 in and wow 100gph on lowest setting my butt!
I have it on the left side corner shooting across the tank at a angle and from the top of the tank you can easily see the water flow!
These things are no joke they can push some water!
I put my hands in front of the rw-15 and my hand in front of my mp40 vortech and no comparison it feels to me that even on the lowest setting the jebao is still pushing as much or more water.
Right now each ph is on the lowest setting i can barely feel any movement out of the vortech now and im at a loss for words on these things total loss under $100 compared to almost $400 why didnt i get these before!
I do advice if you are buying 2 for a say 75g like mine go littler i didnt listen to others i thought no cant be, well im a believer now wow im a believer! "STILL SHAKING MY HEAD IN AMAZEMENT"
Lowest setting and still pushing more then my expensive vortech:headwally:
Again just be warned lowest setting 100 gph no freaking way!

Last edited:
Have dual RW 4 in my 70 gal cube.
Trying to run them on W1 mode but set as master and slave but one of the pumps is always a fraction faster and its messing up the wave timing..

Any 1 else having this problem?

Have dual RW 4 in my 70 gal cube.
Trying to run them on W1 mode but set as master and slave but one of the pumps is always a fraction faster and its messing up the wave timing..

Any 1 else having this problem?

Yes everyone, the power supply is garbage and so is the controller, get a jbwave

I dont know if I missed it...what would everyone recomendamos for a 120? 4x2x2? 2 rw8 1 on each end? or 2 rw 15 same set up....have all lps n softies.

I would run the rw8...... I have 2 rw15 in a 180 and it's to much. I have to keep mine on lowest setting on wave2 mode

I dont know if I missed it...what would everyone recomendamos for a 120? 4x2x2? 2 rw8 1 on each end? or 2 rw 15 same set up....have all lps n softies.

I run 2 RW-8s on my 180 6x2x2 with one on each end. In wave mode I can't run them on 100% because it will splash water out. I run them on Else mode and they did rearrange my sand bed a little bit at first.

I run an RW20 and an RW15 on my 180, I run the 20 at 35% and the 15 @ 75%, I have them timed for 8 seconds which is the amount of time it takes for the wave to hit my sand bed. Then one shuts off and the other kicks on.

Back