• Else: Random Mode

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • H: Flow Mode

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • C: Shift to flow mode

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a couple of dead spots that i am trying to get some water movement over so i have been looking at getting another set of rw15s to total out at 4. Obviously 4 15s will blow everything to crap so i was thinking about putting them on timers and letting them alternate every 6 hours to mimic the tide schedule.... So set "A" will run for 6 hours and shut off, then set "B" will fire up and switch the flow into reverse for 6 hours before switching back to "A". This look/sound reasonable to you guys?

Forgive the crude drawing but i did it in 5 minutes lol.

I have a couple of dead spots that i am trying to get some water movement over so i have been looking at getting another set of rw15s to total out at 4. Obviously 4 15s will blow everything to crap so i was thinking about putting them on timers and letting them alternate every 6 hours to mimic the tide schedule.... So set "A" will run for 6 hours and shut off, then set "B" will fire up and switch the flow into reverse for 6 hours before switching back to "A". This look/sound reasonable to you guys?

don't forget that when you turn off a pump completely fish snails and to get into the impeller area when it turns on you may have sushi

don't forget that when you turn off a pump completely fish snails and to get into the impeller area when it turns on you may have sushi. Or a damaged pump

I actually worry about that now with them in "C" mode. Another thought was just keeping one set of pumps and moving them to from spot "A" to spot "B" with my water changes... The dead spots behind my rocks are just annoying me.

I just put my 2 RW-8's in my 75G and they're blowing the sand around on the very lowest setting. I'm thinking they're too much. I may have to exchange them. Anyone else run in to this?
Bill

My wp10 just died on me yesterday, best I've been able to tell is that there's a short in the powerhead itself. It's only 3-4 months old unfortunately. Until then it was a great head but I do agree they have insane amounts of flow generated compared to other pumps of the same gph rating.

I just put my 2 RW-8's in my 75G and they're blowing the sand around on the very lowest setting. I'm thinking they're too much. I may have to exchange them. Anyone else run in to this?
Bill

Yep, bought one RW-8 for my 29g and quickly realized "else" mode would nt work for it. Now it's used to mix my saltwater until I upgrade my tank.

Is anyone else's rw15 as loud as a Cessna? Or did I just get a bad one? Man the girlfriend is going to kill me when she hears this thing

Hmm. Maybe I got a bad one. This is the first time its been in the water. My rw8 is dead silent. This rw15 I can hear on the other side of the house

Is anyone else's rw15 as loud as a Cessna? Or did I just get a bad one? Man the girlfriend is going to kill me when she hears this thing

Pull the impeller and clean it. That happen to one of mine new and been working silent since. It had some debris trapped in there probably from factory

Hi, i have a 60x24x24 tank and would like advice on what size rw to get was thing rw15 but judging by the comments these may be too much the tank is sps dom but alot of lps on the bottom. Do i need rw 15 or rw8? And are these quieter than the vortech mp40's.

Thanks

Back