JohnL's 20 Gallon Nano Reef

John have you seen this product? Tank is lookin good!

Thanks. No, I haven't seen that. Pretty cool.

@JohnL when you plumbed the return pump to the Y fitting and then into the elbows in the display did you glue them or just pressure fit? Finally setting up a fusion 15 and wasn’t sure. Also, do you run the pump one speed or variable? Thx!

@JohnL when you plumbed the return pump to the Y fitting and then into the elbows in the display did you glue them or just pressure fit? Finally setting up a fusion 15 and wasn’t sure. Also, do you run the pump one speed or variable? Thx!
I didn't glue them. I run the pump at one speed at the maximum flow.

Roughly one year mark. Trying my luck with some acropora frags again.🤞
DSC00612.jpg

Loooks great! That rose coral is looking good too. Looks like you got the Aiptasia under control too

Very nice John. Are you pleased with the progress and is the tank shaping up how you envisioned it? Some folks follow a strict plan and don't deviate while others start out with one vision but their tank morphs into something else that is just as pleasing but different than they thought. I am just curious.

Are you pleased with the progress and is the tank shaping up how you envisioned it?
Overall I would say I'm pleased. There have been ups and downs. The acropora frags I added in the beginning STN'd. Removing the xenia caused a mild but annoying dinoflagellates outbreak.

Poor planning on my part was setting the tank up on wire shelving. I have a stand I plan on moving the tank onto but have been procrastinating 😅

Overall I would say I'm pleased. There have been ups and downs. The acropora frags I added in the beginning STN'd. Removing the xenia caused a mild but annoying dinoflagellates outbreak.

Poor planning on my part was setting the tank up on wire shelving. I have a stand I plan on moving the tank onto but have been procrastinating 😅
Ups and downs,,,so it seems to be with all of us. However, with perseverance I guess we get through it and get to enjoy the fruits of our labor.

Back