Keeping Dory educational drive

Anim8me2

With the upcoming release of "Finding Dory" I am starting a drive to educate and help budding aquarists who will almost certainly want to get their very own Dory for their homes, just like the explosion we saw with "Finding Nemo".

This is a purely volunteer driven not for profit effort. If you want to be involved just PM me or visit the new site to contact me.

I will be contacting Pixar to try and get them directly involved so we can get real national exposure.

www.keepingdory.com

This is an AWESOME IDEA
I wasent into Aquariums yet when Nemo came out but i can see how any and everyone that would watch NEMO or DORY want to go get one and have no clue about them

I really like it! Perhaps add in that bright blue aquarium gravel, plastic plants, etc. are NOT appropriate for a saltwater tank! I work at a LFS and hear "I want a tank that looks exactly like the nemo one!" daily and have to explain again...and again...and again how this is a recipe for failure. Also about Moorish Idols and Porcupine puffers.

I think the movie should come out still and in the begining just put up a screen telling people this is just a movie... you should not go out and purchase a hippo tang because you have a 30 gallon tank it can live in with some gravel and a fake sunken ship that shoots bubbles

I really like it! Perhaps add in that bright blue aquarium gravel, plastic plants, etc. are NOT appropriate for a saltwater tank! I work at a LFS and hear "I want a tank that looks exactly like the nemo one!" daily and have to explain again...and again...and again how this is a recipe for failure. Also about Moorish Idols and Porcupine puffers.

i had a guy come into the store today and ask me, referring to a pair of maroon clowns: "what other fish can i put in the bowl with these guys". to which i gave him a puzzled look and asked what size tank it was. he made a shape with his hands of what i assume was a < 2 gallon bowl. then i told him they needed at least 30-40 gallons of space. so yea, i feel your pain man lol

I am adding more to the site as I go. I will gladly take any articles anyone wants to write on basic reef-keeping. Full credit to the authors.

Back