Kessil A360WE

What bulbs would you recommend? Conveniently, I happen to have a whole box of brand new T5 fittings and reflectors, and 2 icecap 600 ballasts that were intended for a tank that never materialized. If you've seen good results adding T5's to the Kissels then looks like I'm in luck.

Ice cap ballasts will kind of over run the bulbs but they're ok. Running 2 blue plus, and 2 purple plus is really nice. Or 2 blue plus, coral plus and purple plus is good

Just got my two Kessil A360WE today, the packaging was great very neat. I needed all of 30 seconds to look over the instructions nothing unusual. Picking up the light was like a feather yet everything was firm and secure. I had already bought the gooseneck mounts at a Petland and had them all set, very easy. To mount the lights I had to simply remove two hanging tabs (2 screws) and attach the bracket in the same spot with the same screws, again easy. Then I mounted the lights onto the goose neck mounts, then went on without any fuss. Only problem I had was one light didn't have the label (Kessil A360WE Tuna Blue) facing me. I just removed the bracket and reinstalled it 180 degrees. The goose necks allow me to move the light anywhere I like, up down left right. I have them about 5" off the water surface though I may raise that to about 6-8". The mounts are top end quality, well thought out. and heavy construction. I will sleep very well knowing all this considering 800$ of electrical equipment is hanging 5" from the water. The power supply connects to the light through an extension coax cable. The connector to the light and then to the power supply are tight and seems they are water/moisture resistant. The mounting kit includes some black zip ties and keeps the cables along the gooseneck, nice and clean. I ordered a link cable that will keep the two lights in tune. Changing the intensity or blue/white mixture on one changes the other the same keeping lights looking are identical. These are the wide model however with my cloudy water you can see in my photo that the light well focused through a single lens into the tank maximizing usable light. The color mixing is flawless. You only see the slightest color separation on the ever edge of the beam and is basically 90 degrees to the fixture and only noticeable when I was intently look for this. No color separation within the display whatsoever, not even with the most intense water surface movement and shimmer. These lights are by the power of the sun BRIGHT! I would have problems needing that much in my 24" deep tank. Finding the right color is easy, just adjust one dial on the top of the light and I found my ideal setting in about one minute. Then I set my level of brightness. Still setting everything up and filling the tank so not important now.

All in all it took me about 15 minutes to have two lights up and running. Plus installing the mounts add another 15 minutes.

Now seeing them on my own tank there is no doubt I can keep any coral at any position within my display.

Very happy with the purchase at this point.

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums...4-02/C08D1AA0-C51E-4013-93B4-92ECFCF5B5A4.jpg
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums...4-02/ED5FCA42-77EF-47DC-AAEE-B05A7DCC7AA8.jpg

Thanks for ur reply. How about a350w? Seems like a360ew not released in my country yet. Whats the didfference other than being 15% brighter?

360s are controllable via an APEX or other controllers. Yes the 350 will work as well with some to spare I would say depending on how you mounted them.

Do you have any experience with the Kessil A150W? If so, how does the color compare to the 360? I just got a 150 this week for my nano, figured I'd try it out to see how I liked it (is my first LED) before dropping big$ on the 360's. My critters are quite happy with it so far (my Maxima actually seems to like it better than the MH I had, kind of surprised), but I'm not loving the look of the tank with it- it's a bit too blue and stark for my liking. When I do my big tank I can add a few supplemental T5's to take care of the hard shadows but I'd really like to warm up the blue tones a bit. How much does the white adjustment on the 360 help in toning down the blue look?

A very nice thing with the 150 is my tank would fluctuate 5-7* between lights on\lights off with the MH and is perfectly stable with the LED- I'm sure that make my critters much happier.

Its like buying an deep ocean blue, tuna blue, sky blue, and a 10k metal halide bulb. It operates on spectrum instead if blue vs white. so it's like buying 1000 dollars worth of 150s for 400 bucks.and they're brighter

Do you have any experience with the Kessil A150W? If so, how does the color compare to the 360? I just got a 150 this week for my nano, figured I'd try it out to see how I liked it (is my first LED) before dropping big$ on the 360's. My critters are quite happy with it so far (my Maxima actually seems to like it better than the MH I had, kind of surprised), but I'm not loving the look of the tank with it- it's a bit too blue and stark for my liking. When I do my big tank I can add a few supplemental T5's to take care of the hard shadows but I'd really like to warm up the blue tones a bit. How much does the white adjustment on the 360 help in toning down the blue look?

A very nice thing with the 150 is my tank would fluctuate 5-7* between lights on\lights off with the MH and is perfectly stable with the LED- I'm sure that make my critters much happier.

The 150s color is not adjustable as in the 350/360. With the 350 or 360 you can control the white And blue mix to suit your taste. The 150 could be used as a supplement as I may add the 150 actinic/purple. I am sure that the 350 or 360 will provide exactly the color you want. All you have to do is adjust a dial on the top to find the color you want.

If i where you I would buy the 360 E-series as they are the brightest latest LED from Kessil and controllable with a reef controller like Apex.

I'm saying the a360 changes spectrums. So its like buying different colors of 150 in one unit for less money

Right, I just wanted to add to what you said, thanks. It is exactly that. Before I had them install I thought that I would have to supplement the lights with a T5 or another 150 purple or something due to others comments suggestions. However after now I see that isn't required on bit! The folks making those comments must have never had/seen a 350 or 360 in action.

Thinking abou tthese lights as well. Are the LED's able to be changed out like the Mitra/Radion/AIs?

Great thread for kessil. They don't get enough love around RC and I really believe it's because they are such great simple lights that users done need to ask tons of questions or get feedback/justification on their operation or settings.

My biggest piece of advice for anyone interested in kessil is to buy two for every 24x24 area and also that the wide angle works just fine on 30" tanks if you do.

That is the problem with A150's you cannot adjust them.

I bought one of each before the A350 came out and spend 1,000 when I could have gotten it for 500 (Half the Price).

I knew the 350 was coming out but I was only told it was three times the power which I obviously didn't need for a 10 Gallon Aquarium.

I wish somebody would have told me you could change the colors on them and I would have waited.

But I do have them on two Tanks so it kind of worked out but I really wish you could adjust them like you can on the bigger models.

Seems like you bought the wrong one like I did unfortunatly.

You do not have to worry about that with the A350 / A360 since you can get any color you want.

The 150s color is not adjustable as in the 350/360. With the 350 or 360 you can control the white And blue mix to suit your taste. The 150 could be used as a supplement as I may add the 150 actinic/purple. I am sure that the 350 or 360 will provide exactly the color you want. All you have to do is adjust a dial on the top to find the color you want.

The 20K Deep Ocean Blue Actinic is NOT Purple it is Blue.

If you want a more Purple look get the 15K Ocean Blue.

Great thread for kessil. They don't get enough love around RC and I really believe it's because they are such great simple lights that users done need to ask tons of questions or get feedback/justification on their operation or settings.

My biggest piece of advice for anyone interested in kessil is to buy two for every 24x24 area and also that the wide angle works just fine on 30" tanks if you do.

I also think the get dismissed because of the small size and assume they are not capable and nothing could be further from the truth.

Back