Kessil A360WE

Could I get away with 1 a360we on my 93 cube?

The tank is all soft and lps corals. I have no plans to add any sps. The tank is 30x30 but My corals would all be within a 24x24 area.

Could I get away with 1 a360we on my 93 cube?

The tank is all soft and lps corals. I have no plans to add any sps. The tank is 30x30 but My corals would all be within a 24x24 area.

I would say yes for soft and lps. Kessil says 24in is the max width for the we series.

If you are planning on only softies and lps, why not get two 160we for better coverage for roughly the same price. With only 1 kessil you are going to have shadowing issue. True it will light as 24 X24 area but the growth of corals may not do well beyond a 18-18 area.

I am ordering in a 93 cube and am torn on what to get. I read the 360 has a better tuning of the spectrum. Does the 160 not have this or are they merely the same but smaller?

With a 93 cube I will have 2 lights whether it is the 360 or the 160 but just confused on which model to buy as well as wide angle or regular.

Tank will be start as mixed reef for my clams, LPS, acans, and zoas. It will eventually need to handle SPS other then my super easy stylo. Lights will be hooked into my apex.

So gurus which can I expect the best result from? Can I save money to spend in other places and get the 160 or do I need to step up to the 360? Tank is 30x30x24 for reference.

Also those of you with Kessils. What are you doing for moon lighting at night but still keeping the clean look of the lights on the goosenecks?

I just bought a 210!! Now I need to save up for kessils. I run rapid led kit on my biocube right now but hoping 4kessils will be good enough for the 210 what do you guys think?

Ha I am coming from rapidled on my biocube as well....

If I need 2 lights per Kessil for my 30 inch wide tank then you will need 4 for yours...

for a reef do most of you go with the tuna blue? im just tryingto figure out the difference between the 2 colors on the 360. I am thinking of going with kessil for my new build, its a DSA 140 (60X20x27). How many kessils would i need? would 2 work or would it have to be 3? thank you,

for a reef do most of you go with the tuna blue? im just tryingto figure out the difference between the 2 colors on the 360. I am thinking of going with kessil for my new build, its a DSA 140 (60X20x27). How many kessils would i need? would 2 work or would it have to be 3? thank you,

Definitely Tuna Blue - all reefers use that spectrum (Tuna Sun is for freshwater tanks). I'd also go for three on a 60" tank.

Question, I want to run my 2 kessil 360Es on my apex with a dimming cycle. Do I need the VDM module in order to do so?

Last edited:
Back