Kessil A360WE

Question, I want to run my 2 kessil 360Es on my apex with a dimming cycle. Do I need the VDM module in order to do so?

What version of apex do you have? I have the Apex JR and I had to purchase the module. I think the full apex comes with a couple of VDM ports built in.

Yeah I have the regular apex (not gold version but the next one down. It does have the v1/v2 type ports which I am guessing will work. Did some quick research online and couldn't find a straight answer but that seems to be the case.

Here's my schedule for one 160 over a 22g.
KessilPrgm22g_zps1grwxshu.png

Yeah I have the regular apex (not gold version but the next one down. It does have the v1/v2 type ports which I am guessing will work. Did some quick research online and couldn't find a straight answer but that seems to be the case.

No need for the VDM Module since you have the standard Apex. The v1/v2 ports are the ones used to control the Kessils

if i purchase the kessil controller do i have to keep it connected to my A360WE for the light to turn on and off by itself or can i just program it and put it away?

if i purchase the kessil controller do i have to keep it connected to my A360WE for the light to turn on and off by itself or can i just program it and put it away?

You have to keep it connected. If you disconnect it, the light will default to the knob settings on the lamp.

what is everyone doing about moonlighting? Just attaching a LED diode to the gooseneck or something? I cant imagine people are leaving the lights on all night. I wont have a canopy as my tank is frameless but curious what others are doing so I can buy something else if needed.

3 A360WE on 220G

3 A360WE on 220G

Here is a pic of my tank 72x24x30 and I run pretty full intensity through the day with the color simply changing from white to blue. I love these lights, Was thinking about adding 2 a160WE to keep a bunch more blue to the corals even in the middle of the day when I have the white end peaking?

Attachments

• tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1
i have a kessil a360we over my 29 gallon bio cube and do not have a controller can anyone tell me whats the best intensity and color for my sps i will need to make the adjustments manually since i cannot get a controller until next month

I have 2 over my 90 gallon. Ive had some problems with sps(acros) mostly. I think the lights are too intense for their liking. I have them ramping up to 100% color and 50% intensity in 12hrs. Is that too much color? Ive only had the lights for about 3 months now and I was more so setting them up according to what looks best to my eye. Could I be burning stuff up?

I have 2 over my 90 gallon. Ive had some problems with sps(acros) mostly. I think the lights are too intense for their liking. I have them ramping up to 100% color and 50% intensity in 12hrs. Is that too much color? Ive only had the lights for about 3 months now and I was more so setting them up according to what looks best to my eye. Could I be burning stuff up?

I think the color is fine and certainly not too much but the intensity is likely too much.. 100% is a lot depending on how high you have the lights above the water. Mine are 10-12" above the water and I never exceed 78% and my peak intensity is only 4 hours a day out of my 12 hour photo period. If you are at 100% intensity after 3 months, you certainly didn't acclimate your corals to the light properly. I would have started at around 50% intensity and worked your way up 5% a month. Then once you start seeing adverse reactions for the corals, you back off 3-5% and leave it. If after a month at that level, everything seems OK, you can try increasing your intensity again at the same rate.

I think the color is fine and certainly not too much but the intensity is likely too much.. 100% is a lot depending on how high you have the lights above the water. Mine are 10-12" above the water and I never exceed 78% and my peak intensity is only 4 hours a day out of my 12 hour photo period. If you are at 100% intensity after 3 months, you certainly didn't acclimate your corals to the light properly. I would have started at around 50% intensity and worked your way up 5% a month. Then once you start seeing adverse reactions for the corals, you back off 3-5% and leave it. If after a month at that level, everything seems OK, you can try increasing your intensity again at the same rate.

Miss read there man. It's okay. I'm running 100% COLOR and 50% INTENSITY.
Sorry for the confusion.

Back