Largo 300 new build

Well, I will have worked through the connection "routine" so when you get yours I can help! Having a little trouble with the wireless ip, I will figure out very soon. It came up real quick, just having trouble getting to it from my home network. I will post some pics tomorrow night after I get hooked to my network.

Cant wait to hear what you think about it...

192.168.1.100 might get into your router?

When setting this up, first thing you do is power it up and look for Archon as a wireless access point. You then attach to that (in your wireless connect setting on your laptop or iPad or..) and then set it up for access to your home network.

I get that far. Once you get the info in and press save, the Archon leaves the queue as a wireless access point (like it is supposed to). Then you go back to the wireless network you entered into Archon. That is where it does not find the host name you assigned.

I did actually get into my router settings. For some reason, it does not show as a connected device. I quit for the night and will talk to Eric (DA Guru) today. It looks like others had the same troubles getting their network configured.

Overall, I am pretty excited about this as it is (well, will be :) ) wireless, web based, the controller has 4 switch inputs, 4 - 0-10v outputs, 2 PWM outputs, 2 pH/ORP inputs, 3 bus ports, LAN port, Temp Probe and USB port. The bus ports connect to all the existing RK powerbars and modules. The connectors are all standard RJ45 and RJ11 now (the old ones use a crappy molex connector). It is opensource so I can imagine once this gets in use by the larger user community, there will be alot of addon's with respect to functionality.

Anyway, should have running tonight unless something is really dorked up. Usually it is me, just doing something dumb!!

Yes
Just figuring out port forwarding so i can access outside of my home network. The user interface is very easy. I will post some stuff tonight

So still waiting for a couple power bars so I can integrate the Archon into the system with no "hesitations". Once I finally figured out a few things, it is very easy to connect to your home network. I still am having trouble with port forwarding, but that is an issue with my router, not the archon.
The controller is web based so on your internal wireless home network, you just access via the host name you set up (Archon in my case) in your web browser. Your web browser via computer, laptop, notebook, ipad, phone is the user interface. The user interface is straight forward with a home screen that is configurable and sub-screens that are where you configure the inputs and outputs. Here are a couple screen shots, but bear in mind, I have nothing connected other than a temp probe at the moment. I have been consumed the past week with alot of distractions and this week not much better. I can say the tank is going through the new tank funk. Just coming out of brown diatoms. Hopefully the greens will be mild. Hope to have some good updates later in the week, but I have customers in all week and entertaining is a must m-Thur so be it :).

Why didnt you use the power bars you have now? the way I understand it is you discount the elite head unit and connect the Archon.

He isn't using the old powerbars because they are still running on the old tank.

Yeah Mike the only thing I see different so far is colors and the Archon comes wireless out of the box. Until you learn to code Linux of course.

Largo 300 new build

Any update?

Lol, I have had my share of customers, grand babies, and travel the states!

Anyway, got the controller dry running two power bars to make sure I got it right. I got it right so Sat or Sun i will put tank over to new controls. Still issue with port fwd, but Rob Thorn helped me through to point to root cause. Should have that going in a day or so.

Tank went through brown diatoms. Gone, still very minor cloudy but it is going just as expected for a new tank. Minor SPS in tank just to gauge. Fish doing great. On Zeovite you really never hit a strong Ammonia spike since you mega dose the bacteria at start as well as carbon dose source.

At first I didn't like the big skimmer, but that was because I didn't read the darn manual! It is pulling consistent gunk like the big dog it is. Now.

A couple more weeks and big transfers will occur from 120.

Although the Archon is still a little "fresh", i see alot of potential. I am not much of an open source programmer, but there are alot of folks out there that are and they like to share. Plus, i like new gadgets :)

let the countdown begin.....:beer:

I am ready for it. Two tanks on Zeovite is too expensive (let alone one!). Water changes, maintenance, etc. I refuse to let the maintenance rush me although! I keep telling myself ..... nothing good happens fast in this hobby!

Back