launchnukes' downsizing. 120 Tech Tank Build

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15496745#post15496745 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by the_blue_tuna_2
I am sure you have already figured it out but I dont see how that sump is going to easily slide into position. :eek1:

Lol. You're right it doesn't easily slide into place, but it does fit. Don't worry, I checked. Lol

still waiting for the stand...in the mean time i had the electrician install a few more outlets and I finished the sump.

look, no leaks.
sump.jpg

tunze ato and aqua controller jr

02-1.jpg

plumbing supplies (well, some of them)

plumb-1.jpg

the finished stand

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

05-1.jpg

open

06.jpg

07.jpg

we have light!

my wife hates the look of the hanging light. she says it looks like something that would be hanging in someone's garage. lol. so now i have to get a canopy made. argh.

08.jpg

09.jpg

The wife and I are not big fans of hanging light fixtures either. The stand looks awesome.

Looking good. I really like the finish on the stand. You can also opt for a lamp tree to hang your light instead of getting the canopy.

thanks for the compliments everyone.

so i got most of the plumbing done last night and then I noticed a small crack in the corner of the sump. argh! i'm not going to take any risks so i'm going to get a new tank and rebuild the sump. argh.

100_8420.jpg

100_8419.jpg

I'm a little late with the pictures but the tank is officially up and running and the 600lb 220 is gone.

i've decided to go with the minimalist aquascaping approach on the new tank because i'll have great flow (no rocks are touching the glass), plenty of swimming room for fish, and plenty of room for corals to grow, also plenty of room for coral placement. plus, i like the look better.

first a quick plumbing shot. I have my chiller, kalk reactor, and water storage stuff in the garage. I tried to keep the plumbing as low profile as possible to make room for my huge sump.
plumb-2.jpg

the empty 220
move01.jpg

filling the 120
move02.jpg

the new tank a few days later. i still need to move stuff around a little. but you get the basic idea.
01-1.jpg

02-2.jpg

03-2.jpg

04-2.jpg

05-2.jpg

sump
06-1.jpg

Your set up is looks great!

I'm in the initial stage of buying my equipment. I got the same tank a week ago, and is sitting in my garage. Now, I'm looking for lights fixtures. I'm not going to hang cause my ceilings are 13' tall, I'm looking to get a Current Nova Extreme T5 8X 54W and use the legs. What's your opinion for this fixture? I really like the moonlights to be included in the fixture.

Also your stand, is beautiful. Did you build it? I wish I could get one like yours.

10/4/09 update

I've decided to get rid of the vortechs because I want to keep everything on the back glass and I can't angle them, so I'm going to go with 3-4 Tunze 6055s and a Tunze 7095 Multicontroller.

I also added 10 or so new frags.

new pics.

tunze stuff

the first 6055 & 7095
tunze01.jpg

tunze.jpg

Full tank shot flash
01.jpg

FTS
02.jpg

Left Island
03.jpg

Right Island
04.jpg

I was planning on adding some blotched anthias but I decided that they'll get too big so I picked up 4 bartlett's anthias instead. they seem to be great so far, very active very hungry, and beautiful iridescent colors. they're also schooling which is always cool. everyone seems to be getting along just fine.

sorry for the bad pictures quality. i need a new camera.

anthias.jpg

Canopy

Canopy

Don't put the ATI in a Canopy!

If you have to do it then take the Acrlic cover off. The reflector and the qulaity of the fixture produce extreme heat and it can cook the Balasts and Lamps.

the only thing you could have done to make it look sweeter is used Euro Bracing and got rid of the Black.

It's still looks sweet ***. Buy your wife someting nice, she'll get over it! lol

I just told my wife she could have a cat if i can upgrade. I've refused for the last ten years. I finally gave in! She doesn't realize I've gone all out!!!!!!!

Profilux 3, Profilux Dosing, 120 Starfire 3 sides, euro bracing, ATI PM, Bubble King, Red Dragon Pump and Select Tongan rock that I've had on hols for a while.

HEHE. The kitty cat is going to be expensive!

lol. I know all about the "expensive" promises. We have decided not to put a canopy over the tank. the light fixture looks much better with the tank up and running. I actually like it alot now. thanks for the reply and compliments. your tank sounds like it's gonna be insane. what size are you going?

Don't put the ATI in a Canopy!

If you have to do it then take the Acrlic cover off. The reflector and the qulaity of the fixture produce extreme heat and it can cook the Balasts and Lamps.

the only thing you could have done to make it look sweeter is used Euro Bracing and got rid of the Black.

It's still looks sweet ***. Buy your wife someting nice, she'll get over it! lol

I just told my wife she could have a cat if i can upgrade. I've refused for the last ten years. I finally gave in! She doesn't realize I've gone all out!!!!!!!

Profilux 3, Profilux Dosing, 120 Starfire 3 sides, euro bracing, ATI PM, Bubble King, Red Dragon Pump and Select Tongan rock that I've had on hols for a while.

HEHE. The kitty cat is going to be expensive!

Back