Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

The T5 Godfather. Perhaps a caption change is in oder here. Anyone know how I can embed the Godfather theme song in my posts :D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12278056#post12278056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by The Grim Reefer
The T5 Godfather. Perhaps a caption change is in oder here. Anyone know how I can embed the Godfather theme song in my posts :D

Not sure about the theme, but you definately need to change your caption... everyone knows who to go to when it comes to T5's! :cool:

Big D

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12278712#post12278712 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by summer6
BigD thanks for those great diagrams showing the set-up of the t5's and led's.

No problem... just glad to help folks out.

Big D

Need lighting advice - 120G In-Wall

Need lighting advice - 120G In-Wall

I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm planning a 120G in-wall tank for my basement and I've been looking at different lighting options. I'm looking to do a mostly SPS tank with a few reef safe fish. I've been looking at the T5 VHO IceCap SLR retros on reefgeek and I'm trying to figure out how many lights I would need. The tank is the typical 120G (48x24x24). Or perhaps there's a better choice than the IceCaps like a Tek fixture? What bulbs should I get? Since it's an in-wall it won't have a canopy so I can be pretty flexible on the light configuration. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

BTW - There's some great tanks on this thread! I can only hope to do as good.

I just found this thread too and I'm happy to read Big_D's experience with the Powerbright LED's in conjunction w/T-5's. It seems like the best of both worlds! :)

Re: Need lighting advice - 120G In-Wall

Re: Need lighting advice - 120G In-Wall

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12292633#post12292633 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by FishNFun
I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread. I'm planning a 120G in-wall tank for my basement and I've been looking at different lighting options. I'm looking to do a mostly SPS tank with a few reef safe fish. I've been looking at the T5 VHO IceCap SLR retros on reefgeek and I'm trying to figure out how many lights I would need. The tank is the typical 120G (48x24x24). Or perhaps there's a better choice than the IceCaps like a Tek fixture? What bulbs should I get? Since it's an in-wall it won't have a canopy so I can be pretty flexible on the light configuration. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

BTW - There's some great tanks on this thread! I can only hope to do as good.

I'll answer this but lets not turn this into another T5 Q&A thread

8x54 watt Ice Cap retro would be good. Aquactinics Constellation fixture would also be good. Tek wouldn't be a good choice

I'm running them at 3 1/2 inches above the tank and 4 1/2 inches above the water level. The tank is 72" x 24" x 24".

Big D

I have a 4'- 90gal and want to upgrade to T-5's from PC's (260w). I guess a 324w would do much more than the 216watt T-5, but $ is limited. I like the lunar light feature, but I will gladly give them up for SPS corals. Do you guys have any suggestions? Cheers!

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=12297914#post12297914 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by No Worries1979
I have a 4'- 90gal and want to upgrade to T-5's from PC's (260w). I guess a 324w would do much more than the 216watt T-5, but $ is limited. I like the lunar light feature, but I will gladly give them up for SPS corals. Do you guys have any suggestions? Cheers!
A 4-bulb T5 seems low for SPS growth. You should ask this over in the existing "T5 Q&A" thread and include what you want to spend and whether you need a full enclosure or can do a retro unit. I think they are trying to keep this thread focused on the T5-only tanks that are posted.

Hello here's my 75
4 x 54 watt true actinic
2 x 39 watt 460nm
1 x 39watt 420nm
1 x 39 wt 10000k

P1010011-2.jpg

P1010052-3.jpg

it'a little blue/purple gonna switch to a couple white bulbs..bulbs were freeeee! so i'll wait :D
the 39 watts are Nova extreme fixture that sits between 4x 48" bulbs w/ indidvidual reflectors
I have some 6500k that i got for free to..i am thinking of trying them out

Hey got2envy...

that doesn't look bad, but I bet if you added an Aquasun and took out just one of the actinics you would like it alot better.

Oh sorry, meant to tell you what a great looking tank you have! I really like your rockwork.

Back