Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

Here's some help:

67447rcmisc_025.jpg

Looks good BTW!!

yeah i figured it out, i was linking the entire gallery url not just the image url lol, brain fart, thats what i get for switching to construction from computer stuff

Tim

67447rcmisc_024.jpg

67447rcmisc_016.jpg

my pavona coral loving the lights

67447rcmisc_015.jpg

just he actinic on wh5 ballast
67447rcmisc_014.jpg

all off, showing off the SLR reflectors

67447rcmisc_013.jpg

and all on, how bright huh

ok well enjoy
Tim

I build Central Office Equipment for phone companies. We like lotsa' dangling wires, especially over water (NOT). May I suggest some Nylon loom clamps (RShack). These can be screwed into the canopy. A few tie wraps would be good too.
What I did was take the wire from the retro kit, stuck one end in the drill and had a friend run the drill while I kept the wire from going nuts. I now have a twisted set of wires that stays together. Much neater and safer.

yeah they do seem to looks lose and dangling but they are not, when the canopy is closed the wires are many inches above the water and since they are solid wires not stranded they keep they bent for and dont droop, but that was pretty damn funny though. thanx for the tips too

Tim

Couple T5 questions and pics

Couple T5 questions and pics

My tank is coming up on a year old, so I wanted to ask when most people are changing there T5's (I'm running bout 9hrs a day). Also wanted to ask what type of bulbs people are finding to be the best combo, I've got a 6 bulb set-up on a 75g and am starting to add a few SPS. Is anyone still running the acitinic only or has everyone switched to the blue +? Thanks for the info and here are a few old pictures, I'll get the year old tank shot up soon.
54215lights_on-med.jpg

54215lights_off-med.jpg

54215tank.jpg

daylight//blue+//aquablue//actinic//daylight//blue+ thats back to front. Since than I have switched out a daylight for an aquablue to get a slightly bluer color.

2 Much light for birdsnest/ or lack of?
This is concerning my 65g AGA. I have 6x39watt t5's. Four are overdriven by an Icecap 660, those are AquaBlue+ (13k). Then Two are Pure Actinic powered by a Triad ballast. Well I have some SPS's about 8 frags. All are located within 6"-8" away from the surface. Lights are 4" away from surface. All are doing "ok"... All params are good. There are also LPS in there at the very bottom. But I have a green birdsnest that is slowly bleaching. Can anyone help?
There are no fish in the tank.

SG 1.024
79 Degrees
415 - 420 calcium
Tropic Marin Salt/4stage RO/DI 0-TDS
Ph - 8.4
p04 - 0
dKH - 2.8

40g sump w/ sock
6x39w t5"s
EuroReef CS6-2
p04 reactor
6.5g Refugium w/ chaeto and xenia
700gph at return split two ways, Seio 820 x 2
Readings are tested using Salifert

so third from bottom of your pic is an aquablue - it looks so white and you daylights are ge or ata?

wharfrat48 said:
daylight//blue+//aquablue//actinic//daylight//blue+ thats back to front. Since than I have switched out a daylight for an aquablue to get a slightly bluer color.

Daylights are ge. The camera makes the aqua blue look more white than it really is (the tank pic looks whiter than it really is as well)

My birdsnest is about 10" below the surface and growing rapidly under my T5's. If you recently upgraded the lights youmay need to lower the nest a bit. Mine started out as a glorified twig and has grown outragously IMO. all 60of my 80 wayy lamps are overdriven and I don;t fool with t5 actinics so I am putting more light in the water.

tampa-reefer said:
2 Much light for birdsnest/ or lack of?
This is concerning my 65g AGA. I have 6x39watt t5's. Four are overdriven by an Icecap 660, those are AquaBlue+ (13k). Then Two are Pure Actinic powered by a Triad ballast. Well I have some SPS's about 8 frags. All are located within 6"-8" away from the surface. Lights are 4" away from surface. All are doing "ok"... All params are good. There are also LPS in there at the very bottom. But I have a green birdsnest that is slowly bleaching. Can anyone help?
There are no fish in the tank.

SG 1.024
79 Degrees
415 - 420 calcium
Tropic Marin Salt/4stage RO/DI 0-TDS
Ph - 8.4
p04 - 0
dKH - 2.8

40g sump w/ sock
6x39w t5"s
EuroReef CS6-2
p04 reactor
6.5g Refugium w/ chaeto and xenia
700gph at return split two ways, Seio 820 x 2
Readings are tested using Salifert

The GE and Philips 6500 K are bright, some say greenish, and cheap. The Deltec/Arcadia/ATI "Suns" are purported to be less green/yellow and have a bit more orange/red, for a less "spikey" spectral curve. They cost 4x what the GE or Philips do though.

Back