Let's See Some T5 Only Lite Tanks (remember Just T5 Lite Tanks) :-)

bare bottom starboard?

bermudadiver said:
OK, here is my tank. Just got my camera working again.

It's a 75G AGA, and I have a TekLight 8 x 54w fixture I got from ReefGeek.

I have 5 GE Daylight, 2 blue and 1 actinic.

My tank doesn't look as cool as most of yours. I can't import fish or inverts here, so I am limited to what I can catch myself. I have had no lighting problems with anything I have put in the tank.

tank2_jan4_2005.jpg

yes - however his tank description said BB starboard and I was just interested in did he go sand aft BB or just had not gotten there - I should have been more explicit

brentp said:
That looks like a thin layer of crushed coral or sand to me.

Re: w flash, without flash

Re: w flash, without flash

jnick said:
don't diss the fuzziness
with flash
49068with_flash_IMG_0005.JPG

without flash
49068with_no_flash.JPG
How are you proping up that tek light?

Ok here is my question now, whats more expensive? A 6-54 watt T5 teklight - $339.99 or 4 bulb retro with the ice cap refletors?

Ok here is my question now, whats more expensive? A 6-54 watt T5 teklight - $339.99 or 4 bulb retro with the ice cap refletors?

I ask this because i am only 15 and do not have a job so buysing 6 bulbs every 6-7 months can/might be a problem. But 4 sounds better, so i want to know how much a retro with 4 bulbs plus the ice cap reflector is?

The Shrimp X said:

I used the 4 bulb retro with the ice cap refletors and an IceCap 660. Boy is it bright! I paid around $450

Shrimp, first of all the T-5 bulbs (not overdriven on icecaps) will last from 12 - 24 months. Not 6 - 7 months. The shorter end, 12 months is normally the actinics. The 18 - 24 month range is normally all the other bulbs, 6500k, 60/40, blue +, etc.

Hope that answers your question.

Russ

Re: Re: w flash, without flash

Re: Re: w flash, without flash

Ti said:
How are you proping up that tek light?

wood & hinge - because the horizontal piece of wood lies on top of the verticle piece where they are hinged - it is held up by itself

On my upcoming upgrade (where I will prop go with an 8 bulb fixture I will do the same thing but lower profile to make it look more stealth - it swings all the way up and out of the way and leans against the wall if I want here I was just not concerned about that kind of access today when I happen to take this pic

49068tek_lite_hinge_IMG_0007.JPG

Swimmer

Have you had any lamps go dim yet? I had a couple that were fading after about 14 months but those in the cooler area of the hood still seem fine.

Grim,
I haven't noticed any dimming yet. My bulbs are now 11 months and three weeks old (next week is one year). I did replace one of my daylights though. I put a blue + in its place about 2 months ago. Just for asthetics. Looks much better. I originally had 3 daylights in my 6 bulb TEK. It was wayyyyy too yellow.

Russ

jnick: Pretty slick. I'll need to come up with a way to prop mine so I can have it on while I access the tank.
currently I acces my tank LFS style, move the light completely. =(

thanks - iam am anxious to finish the job right on the upgrade usinv very small material for the sleek look

Ti said:
jnick: Pretty slick. I'll need to come up with a way to prop mine so I can have it on while I access the tank.
currently I acces my tank LFS style, move the light completely. =(

jumpin on

jumpin on

i know u prob already mentioned it but who ha sthe best deals on t5- 36inch to be specific

Re: jumpin on

Re: jumpin on

alphaferret said:
i know u prob already mentioned it but who ha sthe best deals on t5- 36inch to be specific

aqualuxlighting.com

he meets any price..
as far as retros....i got my 3x39 retrofit with bulbs for ~$170

cant touch that anywhere else for quality stuff

Aqualux:
$134.95 Sunlight Supply 2 bulb 39 watt Retrofit Kit
$ 55.90 2 X Aquablue 39 watt bulbs
$190.85 Total

Reefgeek:
$169.00 36" Retrofit: 2-39W with choice of bulbs

Back