Lfs in so cal

I just recently bought fish from Aquatic Fantasy in Redondo Beach. The fish selection is pretty good and they have an OK frag tank. Prices were decent as well on the fish.

Aquarium In Motion (if i knew how to make it a link for Gumbii, I would) in Corona. I'd say about half the time I go in there they just brought in new fish and coral, which is always nice. Lots of new stuff to look at.

If you are in the Ventura County Area, these are the LFS:

Extreme Marine, Ventura, CA

Tat Tropical Illusion, Ventura, CA & Thousand Oaks, CA

Fins Tropical Fish and Pond, Camarillo, CA

Aqua Realm, Thousand Oaks, CA

Aquatic Zoo Tropical Fish, Thousand Oaks, CA

as alwasy Vivid in only a 30 minute drive

I came in town for the show and I like and will be going to tomorrow the following which are great S. Cal stores:

Seaside (Huntington Beach)
Tongs (Fountain Valley)
Amazing Aquariums (Orange)
S. Cal Tropical Fish (Fullerton I think)
Vivid - if time permits (Canoga park)

There are plenty more I am sure but those I like to go to myself.

My local shop is Oceans Tropical Fish in Aliso Viejo. I mainly use the store for RODI, but sometimes grab some livestock. Minimal SPS, but will occasionally stock nice gonis, euphyllia, and cherry LPS.

Have to say that Aqua Realm has got to be the best spot in ventura county, never get anything sick or dying and the place is ridiculously clean not to mention the guys there are great and don't just sell actually want to sell you what right for your tank.

Also in Simi Valley there is simi tropical fish, they are hit and miss but i've never got a bad fish from them and they always get in random rare fish and sell them for cheap, last week i was there and and they had a 3-4" mapa puffer for $50. RIDICULOUS!!!

...for corals, VIVID in Canoga Park on Vanowen, for fish, RAINBOW in Arleta on Woodman....both great stores, great stock, great prices and cool people. Check out VIVID'S website....

...for corals, VIVID in Canoga Park on Vanowen, for fish, RAINBOW in Arleta on Woodman....both great stores, great stock, great prices and cool people. Check out VIVID'S website....

i agree these are the 2 stores i go to most..
there's also one in valencia called Valencia Pet

Dang. All the good stores are in LA and north of LA.

Haha. Actually - opposite. All the great stores (except Vivid) are in Orange County. Amazing Aquariums and Reefs, SocalTropicalFish and other stops down south are the ones to get excited about it...seems like every time I hear of a decent store to go to it is in Fullerton or somewhere down near Anaheim... Cost of leases in Los Angeles probably have a lot to do with it...

pet town in downey- neat small collection of sw and corals has some decent frags for reasonable pricing, they used to have less. nice to know theyre stepping it up and yes theyll work with you and order a fish if you really want it. the owner (older asian guy) knows his salt well enough. prices there are normal but not cheap. definitley my LFS plus other pet supplies.

Yesterday I went to Coral Island in Orange and the customer service was great. Nice assortment of frags and mini colonies. I will visit this store again next time I am in Orange County.

Yesterday I went to Coral Island in Orange and the customer service was great. Nice assortment of frags and mini colonies. I will visit this store again next time I am in Orange County.

I can agree with u on that one. I went their yesterday and pick a hand full of frags for a great deal.

I can agree with u on that one. I went their yesterday and pick a hand full of frags for a great deal.

I have also went there last weekend on a spurging spree, and love the selection of frags he had :bounce1:
I bartered with him to the point where i bought more stuff as he gave me more discounts.
I should have paid over a 100 but got all of em for $76 :crazy1::lolspin:
(p.s. did you guys see his red dragon colony:eek1:)

Back