Lfs in so cal

i frequently go to vivid aquariums. its in canoga park. i'm not an expert tho, i've only had my tank up for 4 months. they just added another huge tank and rearranged their shop. they have a ton of corals and it seems like theres more every time i go. decent selection of fish as well.

the fish i've gotten from there are healthy so far. i got all my live rock there. i'll probably be getting my first coral from there in the next few weeks. great experience overall.

Vivid Aquarium is probably the coolest LFS to check out. Just to look at the 800-gallon display tank alone makes it worth it. On top of that they have one of the best selections for an LFS. Unfortunately, I don't live nearby and traffic in that area is always horrible.

Besides PTF, none in the SGV. Rare Fish and Reptiles in La Puente used to be good, but the owner Wes got out of the business. I live in DB and go mostly to Amazing Aquariums, Socal Tropical, or Reef Collection all in OC.

Where is Reef Collection? Didn't find it on google.

Besides PTF, none in the SGV. Rare Fish and Reptiles in La Puente used to be good, but the owner Wes got out of the business. I live in DB and go mostly to Amazing Aquariums, Socal Tropical, or Reef Collection all in OC.

Lfs

Lfs

You're probably right, there aren't too many great stores in the SGV for reef/marine fish. I was just hoping someone might chime in with something new and exciting.....:spin3:

Just moved here from S. FL couple weeks ago and still need to get tank setup and cycled again but would like to visit some stores in Mission Viejo if anyone knows of any. I'm going to have to visit these other stores on the weekend since I bleieve they are all a little ways away from me (don't know area well).

Just moved here from S. FL couple weeks ago and still need to get tank setup and cycled again but would like to visit some stores in Mission Viejo if anyone knows of any. I'm going to have to visit these other stores on the weekend since I bleieve they are all a little ways away from me (don't know area well).

Not sure about the stores closest to you but it would be well worth a road trip to visit...less than 30 minutes from you I think.

Amazing Reef and Aquariums
Fish Collection
Southern California Fish Outlet

They are relatively close together and between the three you will find great livestock and tons of equipment.

Nobody has mentioned Fraggle Reef yet. West Los Angeles. Like Garret's, open by appointment only. The proprietor (Brian?) bought the business from Miguel and moved the inventory to a temporary location (his house). Super nice guy, lotsa LPS, SPS corals and clams, minimal if any fish or drygoods. He buys salt in batches, and sometimes has extra buckets to sell at reasonable prices.

A nice one not to far from you, is Ocean's Tropical Fish in Aliso Viejo at 25 Vantis. 949-215-2809

It's threads like this that make me want to update the Garmin GPS file I made a while back with all the stores.

Ventura County Stores

Ventura County Stores

Ok, these are places I have visited and shopped at.

Xtreme Marine in Ventura. They are open 7 days a week. Not a huge store, but very well kept and clean. They send out emails when they have a sale.

Tat Tropical Illusion in Ventura. The man who runs this store is very helpful in guiding you through water quality issues. This is big store with a good selection of corals, fish and dry goods.

Tat Tropical Illusion in Thousand Oaks. Same as above.

Fins Tropical Fish in Camarillo. Smaller store with a very good selection of fish and dry goods.

Aqua Relam in Thousand Oaks. Smaller store, very clean and well stocked on fish and corals.

Aquatic Zoo Tropical Fish in Thousand Oaks. I used to frequent this location when it was Brett's Tropical Fish. It was a store I enjoyed going to. Not so much now. Every time I stop by now I am followed around by an older guy who is bent on selling me something. This store has everything you need as far as a good selection of fish, coral and dry goods.

I was in the Anaheim area today and went into a store off Chapman called Coral Island. Its been over a year since I had last went into that store. They have a much better coral selection now. They have nice sps, chalices and mushrooms. It is now worth checking out if you are in the area.

Back