Lfs in so cal

So i went to check out this new store. It is literally a small warehouse with no dry goods. They only have a a row of tanks for fish and a row of tanks for corals. The fish seemed healthy, they have only been there a week. There are no lights over the fish at all. The corals are all LPS and softies. They only have a couple of fixtures that only have t5s. Great prices because they are trying to move all of their inventory. Probably good for this week because they seem desperate to move their inventory.

Dont be discouraged by this posting. I am a farmer and my husband was the orginal poster of this thread. We purchase about $1k from this place. Great prices and the quality of the premium product was what we where looking for. We buy online at LFS and anyplace we can find quality and rare coral. This place was a find, a.l.l. reef hot spot but no frags

Dont be discouraged by this posting. I am a farmer and my husband was the orginal poster of this thread. We purchase about $1k from this place. Great prices and the quality of the premium product was what we where looking for. We buy online at LFS and anyplace we can find quality and rare coral. This place was a find, a.l.l. reef hot spot but no frags

Sorry didnt mean to downplay this store. I was just stating what i saw. Nice people, all corals i did see were healthy. The prices were good. Please re-read my post, i just wrote that there were no sps. My assumption was the lighting was probably the reason because its a new store. There are no dry goods and it is hard to find unless you are looking for it.

Sorry didnt mean to downplay this store. I was just stating what i saw. Nice people, all corals i did see were healthy. The prices were good. Please re-read my post, i just wrote that there were no sps. My assumption was the lighting was probably the reason because its a new store. There are no dry goods and it is hard to find unless you are looking for it.

My fault six2seven, I didn't mean to come across as if you were speaking pourly of the place. I was just really excited about the place.

Just purchase this Chalice from there and need help with care insturctions. Blood Red Chalice $80.jpg

I have to bump this thread for Capistrano Reef and Ecosystem Aquarium. Capo is awesome, and Ecosystem sells coral now at good wholesale prices.

Hi - My wife and I are driving down from the SF Bay Area to San Diego next week and would like to visit a few places along the way. Where is Ecosystem Aquarium located? We plan to visit Age of Aquariums and Tong's in Fountain Valley. We may have time for 1 or 2 more places. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi - My wife and I are driving down from the SF Bay Area to San Diego next week and would like to visit a few places along the way. Where is Ecosystem Aquarium located? We plan to visit Age of Aquariums and Tong's in Fountain Valley. We may have time for 1 or 2 more places. Any suggestions?

I highly recommned Vivid in Canoga Park and Amazing Aquariums and Reefs in Orange.

If you're short on time, skip Tong's.

Stop by Fins and Critters in Santa Barbara area.

My 48" long tank has a slow leak on the back seam. Looking to buy a new tank. Watching the FS threads, but what LFS in the LA/OC area sells tanks (and possibly stands) at a decent price? i know I've seen them at Jans, but they overcharge for everything. Don't see any at socaltropical or vivid. Maybe just Petco/Petsmart?

Just discovered Mark's Tropical Fish in Studio City...Fantastic selection of frags, fish and equipment, lots of personality and knowledge...Did notice lots of aiptasia in frag tanks, though....

Was in the LA area for a week so we visited Aquarium World and Vivid Aquariums. Here is my take on both places:

Aquarium World:

Aquarium world was a waste of my time. They did have some nice fish but the are rude! None of the employees we friendly and no one even greets you. The owner was feeding some fish and I said hello and was ignored. They do not ship so I could not buy anything from them anyways.

Vivid Aquariums:
The people were very friendly there and was willing to help. They had a great selection of fish and corals. The 800 gallon tank was awesome. Vivid does ship so we did spend money in there. They actually had the female blue spot jawfish i was looking for. We picked up a few more fish and some corals. They will be shipping it to us on monday.

"œlivestock: Blue Hippo Tang, Yellow Tang, Purple Tang, Tomini Tang, (4) Green Chromis, Transparent Goby, Scooter Blenny, Orchid Dottyback, Neon Dottyback, (2) Fiji Devil Damsels, Three Spot Domino Damsel, pair of Gold Coral Banded Shrimp, Cleaner Shrimp, small Maxima Clam."

Seriously, how do you keep these together with the tangs? I have one uncatchable 3" bluefin damsel that is not letting me put anything new in the tank. Did the damsels come in last?

Thanks

Stopped by Vivid earlier today. Always one of my favorites but had a noticeable flatworm breakout in their frag tanks. I know it's a common malady but didn't pick up anything because of it.

@reeferoo - if you are still looking and you're looking at Vivid, drive another 20 minutes to Simi Valley. Exit Erringer. Go to Peter's Tropical Fish (which is also home base for Aquarium Connection - google them, they're pretty high end). Peter's is inside a pet store, and kind of shabby at first blush. But, their equipment prices are very, very fair and Peter and his son Andrew are extremely knowledgeable. Peter's been in the biz for 30+years. Fancy-wise, it's no Vivid. But can get what you want or need at a very decent price.

Back