Lighting Package F/S

Here's a teaser:

IMAG0528.jpg

IMAG0527.jpg

This is only with 2/3's of the LEDs lit up, and most of them are the whites. It already overpowers my 150w MH. Kinda fun.

:)

Brandon

*blink*

Seeing spots is fun.

It made the 150 look like it wasn't even turned on. Very bright.

Without a doubt. Many are failing now because of corrosion. :) This one has seen a bit of corrosion as well. We will probably put some 1/8" plexi up in front of these, but we may not as they'll be about 14" above the tank. Not 100% sure yet. We'll figure something out, though. Maybe I'll just dip the whole thing in epoxy. :D

Brandon

Just LMK if we need to get that

Just LMK if we need to get that

Without a doubt. Many are failing now because of corrosion. :) This one has seen a bit of corrosion as well. We will probably put some 1/8" plexi up in front of these, but we may not as they'll be about 14" above the tank. Not 100% sure yet. We'll figure something out, though. Maybe I'll just dip the whole thing in epoxy. :D

Brandon

I can get a piece of UV glass cut to size if you think we need it? I got my Battery Backup today, So you can pretty much rest assured we will never have a power failure ever again. LOL:frog:
Bill

More teasers:

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0530.jpg

The LED that is almost completely dim has been replaced. Its quite a site to see! Its about a 12k look with all of these (cool whites and royal blues, 1:1 ratio).

Good stuff! Can't wait to see the par, especially with optics.

Brandon

Here they are turned off so you can actually see what it is:

IMAG0535.jpg

Notice the replacement LED kinda hanging there waiting for Bill's TLC. :D

Brandon

Don't forget the Thermal Glue stuff to mount that loose one, OK
Looks great Brandon you are the Man on this one!
Bill

The thermal paste is in the box, Bill. :) You'll just want to put a very thin bit (just put a drop on the LED and spread it with a credit card, it'll wipe off fine... its not a glue) on the back of the LED and screw it down like we did the others.

Also, I'll get the optics to you tomorrow. I left them at home like a genius. Zach is still bringing the lights a little later tonight.

This is going to be awesome... sorry for the thread hijack, Bill!!!! May want to start a new one at this point. :lol: This thread has been seriously derailed... :)

Brandon

I'll take som

I'll take som

this rated a build thread

Your right but it's a little late as they are already installed but still need the Optics put on and we are waiting on some additional LED's plus anothe meanwell driver. Plus i will most likely up the total LED count to around 96 from 78 that we already have planned. Plus I am adding the Dimmable Drivers to run Sunrise/Sunset function from my Apex, It has it so may as well use it!
I got it lit this eve with no optics and one bank out due to missing a driver and it already exceeds my expectations and it is as bright or already brighter than my Metal Halides were. Plus the Color is Crisp, Bright, and showing colors that were not there before and were no where near complete with the build. This is definetly the way of the future, I cut my wattage in half and with any luck my next 300.00 bulb replacement will be a long way off. Plus the cool factor is right up there when things work as advertised.
I'll get some photos tomorrow and again while we are finishing the lights up when the parts get here on Fri or Sat.
Bill

Last edited:
That looks very neat!!! It looks like I've been missing out....sold one of my tanks and still have the one going...took me awhile to think it over if I should keep it or not. Almost traded it for a parrot....lol....We decided to keep it and go with the original plan to upgrade to a bit bigger tank when we redo the flooring....So this lighting would be an option. I will need some help from Brandon of course...I'm a quick learner but need someone to teach me a bit...

Back