Live Rock Suggestions

JeffSBCA

I am looking to buy some uncured liverock for a new 18g nano setup. I am looking at Marshall Island or some other high quality uncured premium live rock.

A few places I'm considering are:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=876 (lalo rock)
http://www.exoticfish.com/details.cfm?cat=0|1977|1690|0|0&id=37621&
http://www.aquatictech.com/livestock.html (alor/sulawisi rock)
http://livestockusa.org/ROCK.html

Does anyone have experiences with these places? I could potentially drive to exoticfish and hand pick my rock but the rock does look really good at the other three places. It would really help to get some feedback about this.

I know that Live Aquaria does a good job in general, although I have never gotten rock from them.

Just my 2 cents, I am doing that lalo pack for my 30g cube that is just waiting for the finishing touches on the stand. =D

I will only need enough live rock for a 18 gallon tank so I'm not too concerned about the cost of the live rock. I will probably only be ordering 20-30 lbs. I would like the highest quality live rock possible though. Thank you for your feedback so far!

Jeff

liveaquaria

liveaquaria

I got son "Tonga deepwater" from them and was happy. Just order form someone who is in CA!

Bought 120lbs mixed lalo, Marshall Island and Fiji from Reefermadness.us about 5 months ago, at 5:30 pm on a Thursday and got it Friday morning. The rock is awesome . I bought cured and got a great deal. Talk with Chris. He is usually in the warehouse looking at the stuff while you are talking to him. Personally, I'd stay clear of Gulf coast rock. Although it is cultured it comes in loaded with lost of hitchhikers. :( Great customer service. I am a repeat customer.

The website id dot US not dot COM.

I'd check locally first.

For you to buy and ship 20-30 lbs. of L/R online isn't really worth it. But if you can't buy any locally check out

www.reefermadness.us

They are a Reefcentral Sponsor and I buy almost all of my live goods from there. Customer service is top notch and quality is fantastic. They also figure the shipping cost into the cost of the rock. So you won't have an extra fee for shipping.

If you buy fully cured L/R the price includes free next day shipping.

Can't say enough good things about these guys.

3 votes for Reefermadness!!!
Take your wallet on a little drive down to there location you won't be disappointed.

I just bought 50 lbs of high quality Fiji from eBay for $150 DELIVERED. It is in quarantine now with RightNow bacteria and should be ready this weekend (10 days) for my tank.

I paid around $160 for 45lbs aof Fully Cured Fiji Premium from RM that included Next Day Shipping.

There was less than 1/2 pound of rubble in there as well. They weigh the rock befor it goes into the box. Unlike most places that weigh the box once its filled with rock, rubble, soaking wet newspaper. (ie. you get more rock for your $$)

I like Premium Aquatics rocks, but always pick up locally. They have some nice large tanks and are very friendly and prompt.

For an 18g Nano, I would go to Reefermadness.us in person and hand select some smaller pieces of fully cured rock.

They have all types, Prem Fiji, Marshall, Tongan shelf and Vanuatu, maybe more. Phone them first before driving down, sometimes they do runs to the airport whlse distributors.

Reefermadness and liveaquaria both have man made rock that's cured in Fiji. I've seen my friends liveaquaria batch and it looks great, and no aiptasias!

Thanks for all the great suggestions! Keep them coming. I may just drive down to Reefer Madness and check out their rock. I live in Santa Barbara so I'm only 90 miles north of LA.

The only downside is that I did call RM and they haven't been getting any Marshall Island rock in lately. From the pictures I have seen online so far I would have to say that I prefer the way the Marshall Island rock looks the best.

I think for an 18gal, you will find some amazing pieces from their vast selection, even if the selection of Marshall is limited at the moment.

OT: are you going to use UCSB water? It's your best bet being so close to it.

Back