Local reefing resources

Reef Bass

colors and textures
Hi everyone. The purpose of this thread is to list where we can find reefing items locally that aren't typically sold at an lfs, such as plumbing parts, bulk supplement ingredients, acrylic supplies, co2 tank refills, etc. Please assist your fellow Wine Country Reefers by posting to this thread where you finally found that key thing you needed in our area. Thanks to Tom for the suggestion.

For example:

PVC and other plumbing supplies:
- Home Depot, Rohnert Park
- Lowes, Rohnert Park
- OSH, Petaluma
- Masellis, Petaluma

Acrylic / plexiglass
- Tapp Plastics, Rohnert Park

Aqua Mend, Water Weld epoxies
- Home Depot, Rohnert Park and Napa

Cyanoacrylate / superglue gel
- Any home supply store, drugstore, convenience store, dollar store and even some supermarkets

What else?

Thanks Ken, this will be a great resource for the club. I'll use your format and add to your list. We can fine tune it and make a final list after everyone add their resource?

PVC and other plumbing supplies:
- Home Depot, Rohnert Park
- Lowes, Rohnert Park
- OSH, Petaluma
- Masellis, Petaluma
- Friedman in santa rosa has more PVC than any other places

Acrylic / plexiglass
- Tapp Plastics, Rohnert Park, Santa Rosa
- bataeff salvage on mountain view ave has acrylic, pvc, plastic containers, ect

Aqua Mend, Water Weld epoxies
- Home Depot, Rohnert Park, Windsor and Napa

Cyanoacrylate / superglue gel
- Any home supply store, drugstore, convenience store, dollar store and even some supermarkets

Alk powder mix (miss wage pickling lime)
- Walmart Windsor, Rohnert Park

C02 refil
- Fire equipment supply in Rohnert Park

Lace Rock
- Building supply in Santa Rosa across from Fiedman on Santa Rosa ave

Friedman's has the gate valves and they we're talking about stocking the john Guest valves for RO and drip valves

Bulk Calcium (Hardness Plus):

Leslie Pool Supply
220 Vintage Way
Novato

and

2180 Mendocino Ave
Santa Rosa

Water Pumps, Air pumps, T5, Halide, Tubing and fittings:

A Fertile World (Grow Shop)
1121 E Francisco Blvd
San Rafael

There's an irrigation store right next to IN n OUT in petaluma. i forget the name but i stopped by a few days ago to grab pvs parts. A LOT nicer than driving across town to OSH and at OSH all the long pvs pipes are all dirty and stuff. Anywho, this place has a HUGE selection of PVC and u just tell the guy at the counter what you need and he does the shopping for you. I was in and out in less than 5 minutes. theyre moving over by the HERTZ rental by baywood.

Update on co2 supplier, the one in cotati has been very flaky lately so I found another source

468 Yolanda Ave # 201
Santa Rosa, CA 95404-6328
(707) 575-9117

Masselli's had waterweld epoxy in stock in Petaluma. I asked them to start carrying it and they did.

wayatt irrigation supply in petaluma has alot of fitting, next to in and out.

Also Water Savers just down the street off lakeville has alot of plumbing.

I think it is called "the glass shop" in Petaluma, will drill holes in glass. It is off the petaluma blvd North.

Architectural Plastics in petaluma

Architectural Plastics in petaluma

They are on the expensive side to start out with but if you do some business with them they will make deals also they have tanks in the back that were flawed but work great for sumps and hospital tanks and will make you good deals on them. Usualy just a blemish on the plastic but they hold water just fine. Check them out.

Bulk Calcium (Hardness Plus):

Water Pumps, Air pumps, T5, Halide, Tubing and fittings:

A Fertile World (Grow Shop)
1121 E Francisco Blvd
San Rafael

A Fertile World (Grow Shop) has closed.

J and M Brewing in San Rafael is good for CO2. They stock 5 and 10 gallon tanks regularly.

J & M Brewing Supplies
101 Roblar Dr suite C Novato, CA 94949

Also the Beverage People ( near Ceasars) is good for CO2.

1845 Piner RD Suite D Santa Rosa CA 95403

JB WaterWeld availability in Ptown. Had to go to 3 stores.

Maselli & Son's - no!
Friedmans - no!
OSH - yes!

If anyone needs foam for under a rimless tank Creator's Foam and Futon in Santa Rosa sells high density closed cell foam in 1/8" and 1/4". Really good price as well. I got a 24" by 8' piece for $15.

Back