Macro Algae Tank Journal (dialup Warning)

Sorry about the losses. But what a great tank! Things will fill in nicely with time, and I can assure you a lot faster with algae than with corals. Soon it will once again look mature.

I only had time to scan through this, but wow, I loved the pistol and goby pics!

I really want a lot of gobies, and thought or was told they don't do well with each other? guess that was incorrect.

What sort of camera do you use?

Thanks,
Ser

Amazing tank and setup, it reminds me of a guys tank here in PHX. The way he built his stand it had a huge open area where he had his fuge showing through the stand. It was very similar to yours, very cool to see 2 tanks linked- with very different inhabitants.

Updates please?

I would like to know opinions or experiences on using skimmers in a planted tank. I had one on my 55 but took it out to use on another tank. I dont see much difference so far. Any ideas?

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13993147#post13993147 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluenassarius
i spoke to brant recently.. he took down his planted setup and converted it to reef :(

Thanks for the info,
Any reason why? There may be lessons learn to pass on:)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13709056#post13709056 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jamirlima
I would like to know opinions or experiences on using skimmers in a planted tank. I had one on my 55 but took it out to use on another tank. I dont see much difference so far. Any ideas?

it would depend on the mix of corals you have or might have in their and the bioload of your fish.

eg alot of lps and softies would probably like the increased organics in the water but sps corals probably would not.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=13993147#post13993147 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bluenassarius
i spoke to brant recently.. he took down his planted setup and converted it to reef :(

I knew that was going to happen. Once I saw the pic with the zoa's and then the brain . . .

I did the same thing myself a few years back. Now I just have two tanks, one planted and one reef. He'll be back. ;)

Back