Macro ID Please

absolutc

In Memoriam
I was told this was a fern. I do not know. However, another individual said it might be C. Ethelae . I did a search on Google and did not find anything. Anyone have any ideas as to what type of macro this is?

Thanks!

22803-Fern-Algae.jpg

Here is a closeup if it helps.

22803-Fern-Algae-Closeup.jpg

Search for my post in this forum, I had the exact same thing. Unfortunately mine didn't make it.

Hi, I have this macro growing also. It just started on it's own from the live rock. On page 217 of Reef Coral identification by Paul Humann and Ned Deloach,is a photo of what I think we have. Caulperpa cupressoides or Cactus tree alga.

Thank for the replies. The specimin pictured above is now half gone. Seems as tho they are a delicacy for turbo snails :rolleyes:

However, I will see how things go.

I have the exact same thing in my nano.....along with some caulerpa mexicana.....and Caulerpa taxicotes.....something like that...anyhoo, its totally thriving.....it looks like green worms jutting out from a single peice of rock....awesome type of caulerpa IMO. As for the turbo snails.....why do you keep them? they're okay but if they topple over and you're not there...60/40 chance that they won't get back up and flip over, that just means that they will die....use something else....some sort of sand sifting snails....they have an extra sniffing appendage that will help flip them over if they were to ever fall from some where...(observations that I've seen) Good Luck!

I got several pieces of the same stuff from my lfs. The called it fern grass. Put the first pieces in my main tank and the hermits had a very expensive feast lol! I put the second batch into my new refugium. They don't seem to be growing very fast even with the lights on 24/7 and unfortunately lots of nitrates to feed them. They seem to be quite delicate.

Back