Mandarin and other fish question...

12gallonbaby

So i am upgrading tanks to a Solana 34g from a 12g AP and I am moving my mandarin and two black occys from the 12 to the 34. I would also love to add a few more fish if possible but the problem is i do not want my mandarin competing with the new fish for territory or pods.... does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of fish i could get?

brettblackwell

a wrasse could eat the pods try a fire goby their hardy and really pretty i have 2 of them in my solana and my Mandarin is fatter then ever.

AquaBison

If you want a mandarin, then you will need a fuge to be able to support a large enough pod population. Without a fuge for a stable population of pods to grow, the mandarin won't live for more than a few months, tops.

A six line wrasse would be a decent choice.

And, brett, if you're referring to a firefish as a fire goby, then I have bad news for you. Firefish are best kept alone or in schools of at least six.

romsoccer12

firefish are fine with other fish. sixline eats pods so dont add a sixline. a mandarin in a 12gal is very unhealthy for it i would sell it and just add a sixline

12gallonbaby

well my mandarin is moving from the 12gal to the 34 and he is fat and happy right now... i have a huge pod population in my 12 gal... they literally jump out of the rock when its moved....