Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Thanks david, I like the LET t5 kit from first glace. Still need to read-up on them tho.

Swope, I believe the 300w units are 32" long and considering my tank is 60" long, 2 units would be 4" too long. Do you think I could get away with putting them at slight angles or would that mess with the light dispersion and leave me with uneven lighting and shadowing?
( \ \ ) <-- kind of angle them like that but obviously much less of an angle and overlap.

I am upgrading to a 210that it 72" long. Would 3 of the 165w be enough or 2 300w?

I have a 6ft 210gal and I used to run two reefbreeders photon 32's over it (until one unit died and reef breeders wouldn't cover it because it was 2 weeks past warranty). I have since sold off the photons (since I didn't want to be stuck with dead hardware out of warranty that cost that much) and I'm now running three eBay boxes (AquaStar). Having run both I can definitely say that 3 small boxes are equal/plenty compared to the larger 300w units.

In conjunction with the LED boxes, I also run 4 80w T5 tubes because I simply don't have that much faith in LED's...:hammer:

Thanks david, I like the LET t5 kit from first glace. Still need to read-up on them tho.

Swope, I believe the 300w units are 32" long and considering my tank is 60" long, 2 units would be 4" too long. Do you think I could get away with putting them at slight angles or would that mess with the light dispersion and leave me with uneven lighting and shadowing?

( \ \ ) <-- kind of angle them like that but obviously much less of an angle and overlap.

Yes, the 300w units would be too long. Sorry. 3 of the smaller units would work better. I don't think hanging them at a slight angle shouldn't hurt though.

I've seen the same looking light sold under different names. Are they really the same? Is paying a few more bucks for the Mars Aqua label a good idea?

The only difference most of the time is customer service and potential warranty options. If those are important to you and the slightly higher priced one has the options you desire then it's worth it. Otherwise they are more or less the same.

I'm getting 2 165w lamps and dot want to hang from ceiling anyone make or did home made bar that u hang them from please post pics if so TIA

7a3b22318e5eede1ea82730dac2b528d.jpg

See I'm buying my marsaqua because of the unit is so cheap pretty much. I'm a DIY person so when mine gets here I'm changing out the 5 soft white leds for 5 UV 420nm 3w leds. Probably change some of the cool whites that are 12,000k to 14-20,000k. Super easy and will cost me less then 5 dollars. Maybe change out the fans also. I want to be able to grow all sps so I only have to change a few to get my results. I'll get that extra shimmer effect with 20,000k leds

See I'm buying my marsaqua because of the unit is so cheap pretty much. I'm a DIY person so when mine gets here I'm changing out the 5 soft white leds for 5 UV 420nm 3w leds. Probably change some of the cool whites that are 12,000k to 14-20,000k. Super easy and will cost me less then 5 dollars. Maybe change out the fans also. I want to be able to grow all sps so I only have to change a few to get my results. I'll get that extra shimmer effect with 20,000k leds

I swapped out a few diodes on my AquaStars' and they only costs like $0.17 each off eBay :)

Here I am working hard at the office on reef stuff
25e0c027555df8a1881cda5eb5a43d35.jpg

Last edited:
Back