Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

I swapped out a few diodes on my AquaStars' and they only costs like $0.17 each off eBay :)

Here I am working hard at the office on reef stuff
25e0c027555df8a1881cda5eb5a43d35.jpg

Nice!! See these type of units are great for us lol
I may just switch the soft whites to the 20,000k cold whites instead because the soft whites make the tank too yellow.

My signature should be just "solder it" lmao
Honestly if they just sold the unit without the leds for like 50 dollars I would buy it every time!!!!!

I might do a thread on customized black box leds so people can see how to do it if they want. It's super easy, cheap, and amazing for corals. I could never see myself buying a Radion or kessil or anything expensive.

Nice!! See these type of units are great for us lol
I may just switch the soft whites to the 20,000k cold whites instead because the soft whites make the tank too yellow.

My signature should be just "solder it" lmao
Honestly if they just sold the unit without the leds for like 50 dollars I would buy it every time!!!!!

I'm the opposite, I really don't like the cool whites as they seem too harsh to my eyes. I just replaced a bunch of the cool whites with 4k neutral whites (seems to give me a bit more warmth to the overall which I like). I replaced the red/green diodes with neutral whites too as I feel the red/green's are pretty much worthless as that spectrum is continuing the whites already.

Next I'm going to add in more royal blues to replace the regular blues for a bit more purple tint.

Hey just about to setup a new Dorm room marine tank, its a weird shape ( 3ftLx24'Hx20'w) Semicircle foot print/Dshape. Wondering if i'd go alright with one of the 165W models? should i supplement with a twin t5?
Heres the tank here - http://www.aquaone.co.uk/aquamode.php

ive taken the lid off gonna build a new one to house the lights, how high should i raise it to still have optimal light for a mixed reef and no or little shadowing on my weirdly shaped tank?
Thanks in advance for any help you can offer :)

Got my marsaqua in today!!! Put it over my 10 gallon nano for the time being until my 40 breeder clears of cloudyness lol

installed 2 in canopy today

installed 2 in canopy today

it is getting there slowly but surely

Attachments

• photo 3(2).JPG
    photo 3(2).JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 0
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 0
Evening Gents, wanted to drop in . So Far these lights have works very well for me. Not fancy but a good inexpensive way to get in to led lighting.

How do the colors look? I'm about to order 4 of the 300wt ones. But the 3500k whites seem like they would be a lil yellow and dim. Is this the case?
Thx

How do the colors look? I'm about to order 4 of the 300wt ones. But the 3500k whites seem like they would be a lil yellow and dim. Is this the case?
Thx

I've not noticed them being overly yellow or dim. I run my whites at only 40%...

Thx

I've not noticed them being overly yellow or dim. I run my whites at only 40%...

Same here. A bit yellow if you go past 40% I'm taking my soft whites out and putting in 10000k or 20000k cool whites. I'll post some pictures when it's done.

i have one over my 40 breeder and feel like i need 1 more. so 2 for a 90 seems to little, i say 3 for a 90 gallon.

The reason it seems like it isn't enough is not because of the quantity of light but the direction of that light. If you have shadowing around the edges try taking off the optics. They are either 90° or 60° depending on your particular unit. With them off you get 120° and should have great spread.

Oh, I should add that a 40b is 36" and they are perfect at 24". A 90g is 48" so two of them centered over each half should provide 48"x24" coverage.

Back