Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

hmm making me think that i should take off my optics..i have mine over a 46 gallon bow.....so your saying you got better coverage..?...as far as keeping my fixture from moving ..mine sits on top of my canopy ..then when i need i can zip it up and get in my tank ...

I took the optics off and it improved the spread dramatically

I do need some help with being able to adjust these lights, how do you guys suggest doing this? I want to be able to adjust them pretty often if possible.

What do you guys think of this fan?
http://www.amazon.com/Noiseblocker-...44951269&sr=1-5&keywords=case+fan+quiet+80+mm
It claims only 10dba, but seems to move a little less air than the factory fans. Was thinking that might be ok b/c it's not like I'm running the lights at 100% anyway, they never feel hot.

I have 1 of 4 (2 x 165W) fans that always had a little rattle in it. Opened it up and couldn't find any loose factory trash in there so I've been ignoring it. It doesn't really bother me, I wouldn't hear anything if I had a canopy.
But why not just replace all the fans, it would be nice if they were a little stealther :)

It'll be $50 to use the German ones linked above, or $35 for these that others have recommended
http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F8-PWM...44951269&sr=1-1&keywords=case+fan+quiet+80+mm
But these are twice as loud at 22.5 dba, so... idk

http://www.amazon.com/Noiseblocker-...44951269&sr=1-5&keywords=case+fan+quiet+80+mm
It claims only 10dba, but seems to move a little less air than the factory fans. Was thinking that might be ok b/c it's not like I'm running the lights at 100% anyway, they never feel hot.

I have 1 of 4 (2 x 165W) fans that always had a little rattle in it. Opened it up and couldn't find any loose factory trash in there so I've been ignoring it. It doesn't really bother me, I wouldn't hear anything if I had a canopy.
But why not just replace all the fans, it would be nice if they were a little stealther :)

It'll be $50 to use the German ones linked above, or $35 for these that others have recommended
http://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-F8-PWM...44951269&sr=1-1&keywords=case+fan+quiet+80+mm

Hey those look nice!!! I'm all about my aesthetics lol I think I posted a link on this page or somewhere of the fans people were switching too and had great success with. I'll see if I can find the link. If i remember correctly I think it was like 24CFM and 14dba. So right in the middle of the 2 you posted. If it were me though I would go with those nice looking ones since I'm always opening my boxes to switch out leds lol :inlove: I would also only switch the blue channel fan since the blue channel is the only one I turn up high for the fan to come on if I wanted to save money.

Wait.....do both fans come on when only 1 channel goes past the fan limit or does only 1? I can't remember correctly lol I would check but I'm at work haha

So unfortunately after my electric bills got too high I had to shut down my tank. The 300w led in the end ran at 100% blue 75% white and grew and colored up my stylophora sps well. But unfortunately it didn't support my maxima clam at the bottom of the tank. I think the stock spectrum wasn't enough on my deep style tank. All my Lps were doing great and getting fantastic growth as well, my frogspawn even drop spawned a baby. Thanks for the advice during this thread!

im wondering how hard it is to switch the leds, I do think getting rid of the red of putting in more blue would make the grow better and also make the color look better to the eye. I have no experience with doing anything like this, would it be too much for me?

Also I do not have a solder or anything so im assuming its not possible for me?

Also people who have this on 48 inch tanks, I have 2 of the 165 watt fixtures. How high do you have them above your water and what do you run them at and for how long? I am trying to see what they need to be for when I set up my tank, I know I will have to adjust it a little bit but a starting point would be great.

im wondering how hard it is to switch the leds, I do think getting rid of the red of putting in more blue would make the grow better and also make the color look better to the eye. I have no experience with doing anything like this, would it be too much for me?

Also I do not have a solder or anything so im assuming its not possible for me?

Also people who have this on 48 inch tanks, I have 2 of the 165 watt fixtures. How high do you have them above your water and what do you run them at and for how long? I am trying to see what they need to be for when I set up my tank, I know I will have to adjust it a little bit but a starting point would be great.

Cody, I borrowed the soldering iron and some solder. It was very easy once I borrowed a good iron. They popped off easily and went on even easier.

I had never attempted it either, so I was nervous. But isaacs video made me feel a lil more at ease, then just starting found out how simple it was

I ordered the Silenx 80mm yellow ones from Newegg. Think they were $9 shipped each.

I ordered violets and no. They're coming from China. It'll be awhile.
Same here at least 2 more weeks til l mine show, I also have royal blue coming. Colors are decent but I want some purple, the 165w is for my 29g brackish but I'll get a 300w for my 40b peninsula in planning stage

Back