Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

I did not take very many pics along the way. I'm not too handy with that stuff and was able to complete it really easy. I snapped a few yesterday when I opened it up.

I also opened up the driver and mine only has one of those little blue pots. Not 3 like the picture above. I messed around with it and it didn't do anything for minimum dimming. It said "RPM" next to it.

I also opened up the driver and mine only has one of those little blue pots. Not 3 like the picture above. I messed around with it and it didn't do anything for minimum dimming. It said "RPM" next to it.

Can you take a picture of the inside of your ballast?
I'd like to see the difference between yours and mine.

I feel like it doesn't really have to dim to zero if you have the on/off set on the eb8. I gotta order an apex wire and take mine apart I guess

I daisy chained my 2 300W ones also to run off my apex. Blues on one channel, and whites and colors on another, works great. But again the only issue is with them only being able to be dimmed to roughly 10%.

It's not a huge deal, but you go from roughly 10% to off if you set your EB8 like that. For me I keep 1 light on at 10% while the other is off. It simulates ramping up and down from 0 pretty decently.

I've never popped the covers off the drivers to see if mine have that dimming pot inside the driver like a previous posters pictures, and now that I have them mounted, I'm not about to take them down and apart again.

I'm looking for the PCB board. I was hoping to find one without the leds on it. I sent Mike @ SBreeflights a msg to see if possible.

Sent from my LG-H343 using Tapatalk

I have 3 mars aqua led lights. I modded them so I can control the dimmers. one light the whites are not as bright as the others. Has this happened to any of you guys ? if yes, what did you do to fix it. don't know if it was like that when I got it. modded it right out of the box

I have 3 mars aqua led lights. I modded them so I can control the dimmers. one light the whites are not as bright as the others. Has this happened to any of you guys ? if yes, what did you do to fix it. don't know if it was like that when I got it. modded it right out of the box

When I was talking to Eric @ Digital Aquatics, he told me he had some do the same thing, and he adjusted the pots inside the ballast to fix the issue.

Check inside your ballast and see what adjustment pots are available. Post pics if you can.

hey doc. you are the man ! thanks so much. for anyone searching in the future if your light is dim. it's just like doc said. there's a little blue box inside the ballast case with a little cocking over the adjustment screw. scrape off the cocking and turn the knob all the way to the left. all good now.

hey doc. you are the man ! thanks so much. for anyone searching in the future if your light is dim. it's just like doc said. there's a little blue box inside the ballast case with a little cocking over the adjustment screw. scrape off the cocking and turn the knob all the way to the left. all good now.

Awesome! I'm glad it worked! I haven't yet modded mine, as I'm waiting to purchase a ALC Module for my reefkeeper, but it's good to know it worked!

36 x 36 27 tall so 24 in water how many do I need for a mixed reef thanks I'm just setting up the tank it came with 2 36 in Reef LEDs so could I add 2 165s in the center

Back