Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Has anyone been using either the 165 or the 300w on a 40 breeder for frags (36" width)? I figure I would need the 300w or 2x 165? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i know this thread is a long one..lol...but if you look threw it ther are plenty of people that use the 300w on there 40 breeder...i have one on my 46 bow...work great for me......

Will i get more light depth from the 300w vs the 165w or is it same light just more bulbs?

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

yep exactly..with the lens on they will get good depth...you can also lower light so its closer to water but i think these go pretty deep....proable need a par meter to get accurate measure

i know this thread is a long one..lol...but if you look threw it ther are plenty of people that use the 300w on there 40 breeder...i have one on my 46 bow...work great for me......
Sounds good. Though buying used, seems the 300w are hard to find. Getting 2x 165 might be an easier search.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

yep exactly..with the lens on they will get good depth...you can also lower light so its closer to water but i think these go pretty deep....proable need a par meter to get accurate measure

Thanks for my 8 foot long tank will i need 3 or 4 300 w lights there is a 3 bundle on ebay for 499 i cant even touch one of the fancy lights for that price

Thanks for my 8 foot long tank will i need 3 or 4 300 w lights there is a 3 bundle on ebay for 499 i cant even touch one of the fancy lights for that price

That's where I got mine. I have a 15ft tank and have been buying them up as I can afford them. Unfortunately, I came across a 265g and will be robbing some of them for that. How wide is your tank? I was going to use two side by side long ways to start because mine is 7ft long. If that doesn't work then I will probably use four of them and maybe do a stagger __ ---__ --- something like that, or = =.

Has anyone ever hooked up either of the 165W or 300W Marsaqua fixtures to a Kill-a-Watt to see if they're actually using the claimed wattage? In my experience, these and similar Chinese made fixtures are being run at only about 2W per LED instead of 3W so they don't burn up.

i believe thats a common practice on leds...makes em last longer too.

So you're in violent agreement with me, but do you have direct knowledge/experience measuring the actual power consumption of these?

I bought 54W blue/white LEDs only to find they were using 18W. The Chinese seller said, "Yes, but the LEDs themselves are 3W each. We just run them lower to keep them from burning out."

i believe i read it on there web site that they drive them at like 2.5watts...which is will make them last longer...anyways they are really brite i dont even run them all the way up either...like half way

That's where I got mine. I have a 15ft tank and have been buying them up as I can afford them. Unfortunately, I came across a 265g and will be robbing some of them for that. How wide is your tank? I was going to use two side by side long ways to start because mine is 7ft long. If that doesn't work then I will probably use four of them and maybe do a stagger __ ---__ --- something like that, or = =.
My tank is 8 feet long 28 by 28

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I've had mine now for a week and corals look great!

fd812a6edefd30076e68ef1810882bd6.jpg

62efe3c4ff298a56885f6543bc832855.jpg

Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone ever hooked up either of the 165W or 300W Marsaqua fixtures to a Kill-a-Watt to see if they're actually using the claimed wattage? In my experience, these and similar Chinese made fixtures are being run at only about 2W per LED instead of 3W so they don't burn up.
I think I saw that in this somewhere in this thread that the 165W quoted will output around 120W...and its true that it will last longer at 2W per LED

Thanks. Haven't had them a week yet. White turned all the way down, blues at 25% to acclimate the corals. Blues come on first for an hour and off an hour later than whites at night. Blues 7 hours, whites 9.

Thanks. Haven't had them a week yet. White turned all the way down, blues at 25% to acclimate the corals. Blues come on first for an hour and off an hour later than whites at night. Blues 7 hours, whites 9.

Do you do this manually? I have them on a timer now where its blues/whites from 7a-7p then just blues. I am having green algae issues, I want to turn them off for about 8hrs just at night.

Do you do this manually? I have them on a timer now where its blues/whites from 7a-7p then just blues. I am having green algae issues, I want to turn them off for about 8hrs just at night.
Sounds like you need 2 timers. One for blues and one for whites. Keep the whites on for 8 hrs or less, it should help with the algae problem

You need two timers as stated, one for white channel and one for the blue channel. I wouldn't run any light system more than 9-10 hours lights on. Remember the animals we keep need that natural cycle of daylight hours and darkness hours.

As far as algae issues, test for P04, reduce photo period and increase nutrient export. Use GFO for P04.

Back