Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

Can someone give some advice on how many I would need for my 150 Gal. fowlr tank? Dimensions are 72" x 18" x 26". I was wondering if 2 of the 165W units or one 300W unit would light it enough? I have no coral but I like a nicely lit tank. I have a PC fixture now that is on its last leg.

With these units you will cover apx. 2x2' with the 165W, 2'x4' with the 300W. Having no coral you could get two 165W and spread them a bit. You may end with shadowing but raising the lights a bit will help the spread.

Can someone give some advice on how many I would need for my 150 Gal. fowlr tank? Dimensions are 72" x 18" x 26". I was wondering if 2 of the 165W units or one 300W unit would light it enough? I have no coral but I like a nicely lit tank. I have a PC fixture now that is on its last leg.

I am also in a similar situation; I have the same length tank, but 24" wide. I'm thinking actually two 300W to get the entire length of the tank so there are no dead spots. Then again, I also keep corals, so that may be the difference.

I'm wondering how effective these lights are at the lower depths though...

I am also in a similar situation; I have the same length tank, but 24" wide. I'm thinking actually two 300W to get the entire length of the tank so there are no dead spots. Then again, I also keep corals, so that may be the difference.

I'm wondering how effective these lights are at the lower depths though...

What is your depth? I've been told they have great par down to and bellow 24"

Greetings all, I can't speak to lights other than my new Ocean Revive, 2 channel royal blue and whites/red/green/UV 55x 3 watt Chinese light with timers, but to it, I can. For $150 its unbelievable. I have a standard 75 gallon with light 11" off the water it more than covers the half of the tank it is supposed to. Before I had a wee bit of hair algae growth (lunare wrasses are not good for maintaining a healthy clean-up crew by the way...) I had the blue channel at 15% and the white/colors channel at 5%. I cant say for sure on total depth penetration for clams yet given I dont have one, yet, maybe when dtanarath comes over and we stop in to see Carmine at Coral Reef and Frags, but I can say, if turn them up to get the par at the bottom, you might bleach something at the top. THEY ARE REALLY BRIGHT!

The picture is with only blues at 5% for dawn/dusk and moonlight when i feel like looking st the crazy color corals under actinics ;-)

Hope this helps

Attachments

• 1433129184427.jpg
    1433129184427.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 0
Do you have corals in your dt?

In the DT I have the following corals that are growing and doing very well.:dance:

Elegance
Hammer
Frog Spawn
Duncans
Green leather
Green Cabbage Leather
Candycane
Kenyan Tree
Neon Green Clove Polyps
Green Daisy Polyps
Zoanthids
Xenia
Branching Alveopora
Goniopora
Red Sea Fan

Probably forgot something but that's it off the top of my head.

Last edited:
As always, play it safe and ramp them up over a few days to a few weeks. Im also in the market for a T. derasa clam and have been doing homework. How big is your clam? Has it grown to the mostly photosynthesis sizes or is it still small and mostly filter feeding? My acans under the 165 watt are about 13" inches below the water. They are more than happy with the lights at 7% and 1%.
A small clam would probably be fine even in that light, then needing more as it grows. I have lots of overhangs and arches in my tank so I could always put acans more shaded and crank up the lights if I had a big clam. Not sure what your setup/rockscaping looks like. Maybe post a pic?

So i got the fixture hung up today.
How does everyone feel about the hanging kit that came with it? Just think it needs a little something.

i have a 20 gallon 2x1...is one of these overkill? is there a smaller one i should consider? i have a 150 watt MH already but i feel like thats also to much power...help

Back