Mars Aqua Chinese LED review (Ebay)

May I ask those who have a 40B tank, please post your pics....

For that matter, any one who is running a MarsAqua light over any size tank post a pic with a quick description of tank size and light fixture. I'm sure a lot of newbies would love to see certain tanks sizes paired with a certain fixture. I personally wanna see 40B tanks..

Let's see them photos...

They use to say the same thing about Current orbit LEDs about not being strong enough etc but I had success with them. Radion lights are the best on the market but they don't have many led lights but they are strong lights correct?

Here's the 300w MarsAqua fixture mounted over my new 40g custom rimless tank. It's my first reef tank so I have nothing to compare the light to, but I can say it looks wonderful and offers excellent coverage. I will be replacing the fans this week, though, as they are a bit noisier than I'd like.

Attachments

• 4558.jpg
    4558.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 0
Has anyone tried to wire these units together to cut down on using so many plug in's.I will be putting 4 of these over my 180,but hate to have 8 cords.

What do you recommend to light up a 120 (4x2x2)? I'm thinking 2 165 boxes but I'm worried about the shadow from the center brace.. Thought about taking the optics off. I'd love to see a two box set up pic with the differences between the lenses on and off. This is mainly a lps tank with a mix or sps, zoas. Thanks

What do you recommend to light up a 120 (4x2x2)? I'm thinking 2 165 boxes but I'm worried about the shadow from the center brace.. Thought about taking the optics off. I'd love to see a two box set up pic with the differences between the lenses on and off. This is mainly a lps tank with a mix or sps, zoas. Thanks

2 Would be fine for a 4ft tank as each 165Watt covers 24x24 and you would hang one on each side of the tank brace almost center in each side.

Personally, I would be worried about taking the optics off as you will not have as much penetration of light in a deeper tank, it will offer some spread but not a lot as they recommend you hang them 12-16 inches above the water. If I remember correctly they come with a mix of 90 and 120 degree optics.

Removing the optics is okay for more shallow tanks.

This is great thread. By chance I've got the MarsAqua 300 arriving tomorrow to install on an RSM250. Keep you posted.

That is great to her! Not that you bleached the corals, but that is more light than you need and it can be adjusted to fit all needs...
80.gif
37.gif

39.gif

Hello,

my tank is 69x31x27 inches (27 is deep).

Have these lights any kind of fan control - it means for example if I will run it at 10%, fans will be automatically off...?
Do you think it will be suitable for malawi cichlids tank as well?
Is 2x300W enough for my tank?

question to all...

so I have a Mars Aqua 300 that I bough from another member, he had removed the 3500k led's only leaving the empty areas, and I set the fixture on my new 40g Breeder... soon after maybe 1-2 weeks I got a bad algae growth, so bad that I had to take everything out to scrub the rock of the algae, and got phosphate pads to absorb any phosphate the water may had.. even as I have a fuge with cheto that seems not to really grow. anyway I used to have the light at about 35-50% white and about 80-100% blue. now after having to take apart everything im letting the tank re-cycle with the lights on just as soon the turn on or "click" both the white and blue.

my concern is that I also have 2 other lights by SunSpect 165w and I changed most of the 3500k to UV 420-430nm and I see just a bit less algae growth on my frag tank, I heavy skimm on both and I use Phosphate pads on both, now the frag tank has just 6 frags and no fish, I use RO-DI water and RedSea salt. I only use Kent Coral Accel 3x a week on the frag tank.

so I decided to order the following: 30x 20,000 k LED, 10 UV 395-400nm and 20 120 degree lenses to mod the Mars Aqua.
the mfg listes the light as follows:

Dimmable 300W LED Aquarium Light with Lens for each led.
Dimmer One(50 LEDs): 14 x Cool White 12,000k, 10 x Neutral White 7500k, 10 x Warm White 3500k, 4 x Red 660nm, 4x Green 520nm, 8 x Blue 460nm

Dimmer Two(50 LEDs): 20 x Royal Blue 450nm, 30 x Blue 460nm,

I will remove all the 7500k (10), and most of the 1200k (10), replace the 3500k with UV 395-400nm and install 120 degree lenses on the 4 RED, 4 green.

then modify the other 165w SunSpect and also do the same, one already has UV 420-430nm in place of the 3500k, but I will need to remove all the 7500k and most of the 12000k.

any feed back on this will be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

my tank is 69x31x27 inches (27 is deep).

Have these lights any kind of fan control - it means for example if I will run it at 10%, fans will be automatically off...?
Do you think it will be suitable for malawi cichlids tank as well?
Is 2x300W enough for my tank?

No fan control but the fans do come on automatically at around 40-50%. Each 300 Watt cover 38x24. I have no clue on if they are suitable for malawi cichlids.

Back