May meeting

If nobody would like to host, I was thinking maybe at the local beach. Many towns along the shore don't require a beach sticker before the holiday. Any thoughts?

I'm afraid that I'm up for hosting a big fish club shin-dig at my house soon... many people, lot's of food, drink, lectures, etc... but it's not about reefs. And the spouse will only allow so many fish event's here at a time.

So please, definitely count me in for the future. But not before I can get out from under "other type" of fish club obligations.

In the interim, the only public beach I know around here is Sherwood Island- which is great! - but it does have some form of parking fee. Also Compo Beach in Westport is possible, but parking there is restricted to residents. So if everyone wanted to do something like meet at the public library, I could shuttle people to the beach. Not the best, but it's an option - especially if we staked out a grill (they have them on the beach), and had a bit of brew and grilled food. ;-)

Beach sounds interesting. I was hearing people were getting copepods out of the sound with some cheesecloth.

It would be a pretty interesting meeting if we were to learn how to harvest different foods for our tanks from one of our local beachs like those copepods or some ulva etc..

I may be able to host a meeting with bbq, what about saturday May 9th? or possibly sunday may 10? (I would prefer saturday)

It's up to you guys. Fairfield beach does not require a sticker before Memorial Day if you would like to go to the beach before then and save the bbq's for june/july/august. It's totally up to you guys. Just lmk so we can get this planned.

Maybe because of the short notice (I know I always love a bbq). I will post more info soon. Our May meeting will be the Sunday before memorial day weekend at the beach in fairfield. Not sure what we will find considering it is so early in the year.

May 16th from 2pm-5pm
at South Benson Marina
in Fairfield 06430

Rain Date May 17th from 2pm-5pm

The marina is at the end of Turney Rd and connects to Jennings Beach.

If someone has a microscope they might want to bring it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14927129#post14927129 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Obi-dad
No one replied about the BBQ at my house, so you can plan a beach meeting if you prefer.
Wow! I'm sorry Greg. I didn't realize you were soliciting feedback. That sounded GREAT to me, and it was very generous of you to offer! Thank you.

Though the beach is cool with me too.

Im in town on both weekends! :D
Count me in! Any of those dates work for me.

Then if we want to start doing little tours of our tanks at our places -- Ill host at my place in june or july if everyone is okay driving to weston?

-- Seth

I'm on board.
there's not much happening at the beach until the water warms up a bit. But we can go over where to find live food for our reef systems, etc. later in the season, we can do a collection trip if you all like. I throw a cast net and get some very cool local fish, ie. small progies, weakfish, bluefish, menhaden, etc.

I should be able to find my waders and a net also.

I know Obi-Dad mentioned he wanted to put the tank tour together. Maybe we can do it for June/July.

That would be cool to arrange a collection trip to RI, LI or NJ when the current starts bringing up the tropicals. I always wanted to start a tank of stuff from our own backyard.

I like the idea of a collection trip this summer -- great idea. Ive never done that. sounds great.

Im still up for hosting the june mtg at my place too.

See everyone at the beach next weekend

Back