Mike's 150g SC Aquarium Build

If you need anything im sure i have a full qt setup with hang on filter and heaters powerheads whole nine yards text me what u need

Wow Mike sorry to hear. For what it's worth I haven't been doing much better. I'm calling it new tank syndrome lol. Really I could throw anything in my old system and it would do well, this time not so much. I have large UV on both my QT and DT and see occasionally signs of ich and then it goes away. Haven't lost a fish to ich it since starting UV years ago so I keep the bulbs fresh. Good luck!

If you're still trying to figure this out, look into setting up a IPSEC VPN on your Internet router. No, its definitely not for the non-it types but it does work well.

Added some more rock to the tank...think it needed it.

I also moved one of the MP's on the back wall to the left panel. Trying to minimize sand blowing off front glass and get better flow in the tank.

Old aquascape

b4eddb18cbfb8e8bfbccfd76ab98e653.jpg

New look

306c5c02839ee4549c51035d9657fd66.jpg

Picked up a few pieces from WWC this weekend to start the collection ;)

Ultimate Stag
FF Red Robin Stag
WWC Madman Austera Stag
Paletta Tricolor
Tyree Rainbow Stylophora
$500 Efflo
Vivid's Rainbow Delight
WWC Blue Lightning Stag
WWC Tricolor
WWC Yellow Tips
WWC Red Shortcake
Jason Fox Monster Tort
WWC Honeycomb Acro
WWC Firebreather Acro
Jason Fox Sour Twist
Mike Paletta Pink Tip Stag
WWC Terra Red Acro

Attachments

• WWC.jpg
    WWC.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 0
Great stock list for an excellent start. Never bought from WWC before. Looks like some good stuff.

So I needed a frag rack to get my newly acquired WWC SPS packs out of the sand bed. I was tossing the idea back of forth of making your standard egg crate super glued to a mag float, but I wanted something clean and low profile. A lot of the other racks are huge and stick out into the tank too much. In addition I've read negative reviews about those companies magnets and not being able to hold up to the weight of corals.

So during my search I stumbled upon a company that had what I wanted. Frag-a-rack had all black, low profile, sufficient room and super strong magnets.

Right now I'm holding 18 SPS frags with extra room. Very happy with this frag tank.

Few pics
2f4c986cf88d4b0a2672cc205274ae6e.jpg
2f345abcfa3078adb6ec0eec274f02a4.jpg
4cbc219bc6f855f246402807e5d940f9.jpg

I know frag racks are not the prettiest thing in the world, but at present time I do not have enough corals to justify a frag tank. This rack is for new corals introduced into the system to be acclimated to light and flow.

Back