Mike's 150g SC Aquarium Build

Excuse me if you have answered this already. I plan I getting the same tank as your self. How much rock do you have in yours and would you buy the tank again especially if it was drilled for a herbie overflow?

Excuse me if you have answered this already. I plan I getting the same tank as your self. How much rock do you have in yours and would you buy the tank again especially if it was drilled for a herbie overflow?

Please excuse Mr Rivera...he thinks he is funny.

I started out with a minimalist rock scape to allow for more swimming room...I started with about 60-70lbs of rock. A few "friends" of mine said that I should add some more rock to allow for more corals and hiding spaces for fish. I have since added about 30 more pounds.

I would definitely buy this tank again, especially now its drilled and ready for a herbie overflow, I have their earlier tanks which do not have this nice feature.

When you get time you should do a 5 or so minute video of your whole setup. I would love to see it so I could get some ideas for mine when I set it up and be able to gauge the tank quality and overall look of the work.

As the rocks go I was thinking about putting 150-175 lbs in mine when I set it up. If you do a minimal scape right I think they look great. I am not so good at making them lok great though.

Picked up a trio of clownfish from a buddy of mine. Said I had to take all 3 as they've been together sometime now.

Gonna hang out in the acclimation box for a few days. So far I've had great luck with reducing aggression from new additions and having new tank members come out from hiding a lot quicker or no hide time at all.

https://vimeo.com/146980940

Hi Mike, how big are the silicon seam? Just bought a 150g also, and notice My tank have a variance of 1.6mm to 4mm..

just went through this thread page by page, i just recently picked up a 150g with the same dimensions as yours. I have a question that will take us back to the beginning of the thread, what type of 2x6 and 2x4 did you use to make the stand?

just went through this thread page by page, i just recently picked up a 150g with the same dimensions as yours. I have a question that will take us back to the beginning of the thread, what type of 2x6 and 2x4 did you use to make the stand?

First of all welcome to the party! Second, I do apologize you had to read all of the non-sense gibberish from the rest of the boys (due to my lack of speed building).

I'm pretty sure we used whatever was the cheapest in, probably a doug fir, I don't believe it was PT.

Lol, the beginning of this thread. Mike do you remover that far back

I remember some of it, lol.

But as of lately I have placed all of my WWC frags...I have started dosing the system. Currently only dosing 5ml's of ESV as my daily consumption is low.

Picked up a few things today but only one thing really exciting...taking a gamble with this starfish...

a11c70be9431779a926f138b29d584ef.jpg

Also got some trochus snails, emeralds and a fire shrimp.

Back