military reefers club

Hey guys I'm all for having a military reef club, I'm still wondering how I'm going to move my beast every time I transfer. Would be nice to have a group of people who move around are gone a lot to share ideas with and see how they set up there tanks for the long haul or short term. Let me know what I can do to help and join. I'm on a deployment right now so I had to train my wife to keep up my reef lol

And why haven't you joined already? I'm at Air Sta Sac... AMT

Thanks,
Lance Pender
Get Pumped Saltwater
Sent via Tapatalk

Hey guys I'm all for having a military reef club, I'm still wondering how I'm going to move my beast every time I transfer. Would be nice to have a group of people who move around are gone a lot to share ideas with and see how they set up there tanks for the long haul or short term. Let me know what I can do to help and join. I'm on a deployment right now so I had to train my wife to keep up my reef lol

Hey Coastie; you guys are the best kept secret of the military by the way ;)
I am in BAF right now and my wife is killing my Zoas lol.
It goes like this:
1.Be prepared to sell six months out.
2.Movers will build you a crate for your tank if you can't sell.
3.USAA home owners and moving insurance. It really works and covers all of your equipment from start to end move. And boy is it cheap.
4. With the money from selling, you can always upgrade and start over bigger and better.

Anyway we can get a subsection here on RC for military? It'd be really nice not have it all in one place.

Has anyone asked? I assumed someone would have. As far as I know all the club forums here on RC are free. I know my local one is. I'll inquire about it

Anyway we can get a subsection here on RC for military? It'd be really nice not have it all in one place.

Yes, its entirely possible. I've inquired about the issue with the RC powers-that-be and they're open to the concept in theory of a Military Club Forum right here on RC. That said, they need someone to show the initiative and step up to the plate to head it up. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to give a fine organization such as this the attention it deserves. Heading up one club is more than enough for me ;) I'd love to be a member though!

If anyone else is interested in leading up this effort send a PM to mhurley to discuss.

Take Care

chimp_shaking_head.gif
~dc

So Happy Reefing and we hope to see you all over.

Thanks,
Lance Pender
Get Pumped Saltwater
Sent via Tapatalk

As a military man I'd think you'd understand the need for order? With this many people sometimes it has to be a little stricter than some.~dc

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks

I would be happy to set up a forum for you here. It's the least we can do to thank you.

The mild challenge is, someone needs to kind of be the leader/sponsor of the forum. There's no work involved or anything really, you just get emails about forum activity and we would reach out to you if we had questions. You don't have moderator rights or responsibilities to worry about, that's our job.

Bear in mind, this idea breaks with our normal tradition of "regional" clubs but you folks aren't exactly normal :) (meant that in the most complimentary way).

As Reeferhead mentioned, we are already talking and ready to do this as soon as I have a name.

As Reeferhead mentioned, we are already talking and ready to do this as soon as I have a name.[/QUOTE]

TANK-OPS

So, anyone have a good program that resizes pics for this site? Not sure if it is the format or the size that's the problem.

OK good news, we got our own forum here on reef central. The new forum is located in the international clubs area. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=707. We need to be active in the forum in order to justify its presence and the hard work of the RC admin to make this happen. I encourage everyone to head over and start posting in the new forum, there will be a few rules posted soon but the bottom line is be respectful of each other as individuals and remember this is a reef hobby based forum so nothing OPSEC related should even be posted. Any other questions can be posted in the new forum or feel free to send me a PM on here.

Back