Mindstream Aquarium Monitoring System

Do you have a source?
It looks like they will be releasing some new information about a campaign within the week based on their July 21 FB post

They have quite a few updates on their Facebook page like :

July 9
We are excited to say that we will be attending MACNA - Marine Aquarium Conference of North America in September, where we will officially announce the MindStream monitor and demo our cutting edge technology for attendees. In the meantime, stay tuned here on Facebook as we are unveiling a major campaign in a few weeks, and we know you'll want to be a part of it.

July 17
Ready for a sneak peek behind the curtain? Here's a look at a few of our newest MindStream monitor test chambers. We custom built them for high accuracy benchmark testing of the MindStream monitor that will be unveiled to all of you very soon. To confirm our monitor works in a variety of aquarium environments, we vary water temperature, flow, and chemistry while measuring for accuracy at every step.

July 20
We're having a great Monday here at Step Ahead Innovations! Here's our latest batch of internal beta MindStream monitor units completed over the weekend. We now have just one week before we unveil an exciting new campaign to our supporters!

July 21
We have been using Sunburst Sensors pH and CO2 measuring equipment to benchmark the accuracy of the MindStream monitor. Sunburst's systems are used in very high precision oceanographic research and they represent the "œgold standard" in measuring these two parameters. With those kinds of credentials, we figured these systems would be a good way to measure the accuracy of the MindStream monitor, and we have been thrilled with the results. Yesterday, Sunburst Sensors was named as the overall winner of the global Wendy Schmidt Ocean Health XPRIZE competition for the most accurate and precise pH sensors in measuring ocean chemistry out of 24 competing teams! We are proud to be working with such an accomplished team. Congratulations Sunburst Sensors!

Lots of good info there, some sad. Most importantly release date is planned for Feb 2016. The disks need to be replaced monthly for 30-50, on top of the cost of the unit at 700-900.
But if you help fund the KickStarter, you are looking at only $495. I guess you only have to decide if its the info is worth it for you. If you use a professional lab style testing service, this may really appeal to you!

But if you help fund the KickStarter, you are looking at only $495. I guess you only have to decide if its the info is worth it for you. If you use a professional lab style testing service, this may really appeal to you!
so if you pledge 495 u get one for free OR you still have to pay but you get it early?

:beer: Spread the word!

I'm spreading it!

I just pledged for the December shipping date offer.

MACNA is September 4-6 and Mindstream is supposed to be there so we should get some good reports in about the unit at that time. If it looks really bad you can cancel your kickstarter pledge by September 6th so the dates work out well.

I dont mind the opening cost of the unit but they have to bring down the disk prices. They had initially pledged 90 days with each disk and that has now dropped to 30. The cost was also supposed to be cheaper then testing yourself (with the 90 day disk anyway) and now has gone up considerably over manual testing to the point that the convenience factor is costing way too much to be worthwhile.

They also supposedly just closed a massive round of capital so I find it concerning that they need a kickstarter. Either that line of capital backed out or they are running into more issues and need more funding.

I hate testing as much as anyone but unless they can get the price reasonable for the replacement disks and stabilize their timelines I will hold onto my money a bit longer...

If they gave me the gadget for free I would pass. $50 per month on consumables? That is laughable. Also, I dislike hardware that is dependant on the cloud or internet to function.

Let's see what the $495 beta testers have to say.

I'm spreading it!

I just pledged for the December shipping date offer.

MACNA is September 4-6 and Mindstream is supposed to be there so we should get some good reports in about the unit at that time. If it looks really bad you can cancel your kickstarter pledge by September 6th so the dates work out well.

I pledged to be a beta tester. Hopefully they will have a fully functional unit at MACNA and can demonstrate its accuracy for the other tested parameters besides pH.

"We use our pH and CO2 measurements to accurately calculate alkalinity" I noticed this in their Kickstarter campaign. Are there any problems with measuring alkalinity by this method? This is the main reason for me wanting to get one of these.

I pledged to be a beta tester. Hopefully they will have a fully functional unit at MACNA and can demonstrate its accuracy for the other tested parameters besides pH.

I'd like to know how the unit will stand up to the saltwater environment long term. Wonder if it needs frequent cleaning to retain accuracy (bet it does).

If they gave me the gadget for free I would pass. $50 per month on consumables? That is laughable. Also, I dislike hardware that is dependant on the cloud or internet to function..

You are LITERALLY shaking your fist at a cloud :lolspin:

The promise of this is amazing. The monthly cost is worrisome.

I pledged for Dec shipping date.

Would really like to know the accuracy of Alk, Potassium,Calcium and Magnesium.

Back