Mo's 6ftx8ftx3ft SPS Reef Tank

Can you give some info on that heat pump/chiller? does it have failsafes? size etc? is it titanium barrel? many thanks!

Can you give some info on that heat pump/chiller? does it have failsafes? size etc? is it titanium barrel? many thanks!

Hi,

It's a custom built one, just like Chingchai's!. It's from the same manufacturer.
The only trouble is, I couldn't get to grips with setting it up and it came with a 10 degree offset. on the temp, so it drops or raises the temp by 10 deg C at a time!.

I need to have the settings changed, but Thailand is a long way!.

I have an air conditioner in the room, which controls the tank temp at 25 deg C. It's been doing the lot since last July, without any issues, so I didn't push with the chiller, but I need to get it running as the back up!!.

It has a titanium heat exchanger. It's very powerful!.

:reading:

Maybe Chingchai could translate for me, so I could get the settings programmed??....

Mo

Mo very nice build and I love the way you documented everything with pictures, but can you tell me where you found the orange strainers in one of the last pics on this page?

Mo very nice build and I love the way you documented everything with pictures, but can you tell me where you found the orange strainers in one of the last pics on this page?

Hi Eric,

They are made by George Fischer.
You can look them up in their catalog.....

Mo

TankThread803.jpg

Back