Most interesting lps

king_Neptune

Looking for a lps with some cool feeding ability to show my kids , I also enjoy watching them feed ..what do you guys suggest?

Duncans respond well. The best would be favias. You have to feed them because they are NPS.

I agree that Duncans do really well, and fun to watch/show others. If you're willing to go with a NPS coral, I'd recommend dendros which are also a lot of fun to feed, and do great if you can find them for sale - I had a colony of 10 turn into a colony of 30 in no time.

I agree that Duncans do really well, and fun to watch/show others. If you're willing to go with a NPS coral, I'd recommend dendros which are also a lot of fun to feed, and do great if you can find them for sale - I had a colony of 10 turn into a colony of 30 in no time.

Dendros are really nice too my lfs has more sps then lps . What exactly is a nps,im still a noob

Check out elegance corals. They kinda look like nems imo.

20120721_152206.jpg

So they rely on feeding only?

Yes, you have to feed them. I fed my dendros fresh krill about twice a week. The nice thing about them is that they sometimes can survive when other corals might not (tank crashes). However, dendros naturally open when the lights are off, so you have to train them to open during the day/lights on. I found that covering them with a plastic, see-through party cup which I drilled a few holes in for flow, and placing a large piece of stinky food like krill or squid inside the cup with them so that other inhabitants cannot get to it, encourages them to open with the lights on. Once they are open, they look great. I posted a few pics of mine below.

As for elegance, I'd recommend doing research on them before buying one. If you get an Indonesian elegance, which most in the industry are, you probably will only have a coral for a few months. If you get an Australian elegance, you are looking to pay a pretty penny, and there is still no guarantee that the coral will survive for long. Just do your research is all I recommend - not telling you to avoid a coral by any means.

1-1.jpg

dendro.jpg

Yes, you have to feed them. I fed my dendros fresh krill about twice a week. The nice thing about them is that they sometimes can survive when other corals might not (tank crashes). However, dendros naturally open when the lights are off, so you have to train them to open during the day/lights on. I found that covering them with a plastic, see-through party cup which I drilled a few holes in for flow, and placing a large piece of stinky food like krill or squid inside the cup with them so that other inhabitants cannot get to it, encourages them to open with the lights on. Once they are open, they look great. I posted a few pics of mine below.

As for elegance, I'd recommend doing research on them before buying one. If you get an Indonesian elegance, which most in the industry are, you probably will only have a coral for a few months. If you get an Australian elegance, you are looking to pay a pretty penny, and there is still no guarantee that the coral will survive for long. Just do your research is all I recommend - not telling you to avoid a coral by any means.

1-1.jpg

dendro.jpg
are dendros close to sun coral? They look kind of the same

+ 1 for duncans. They consume food quickly. Scollys are fun to feed too but they usually like to eat at night and tend to be a little pricy. Also, fungia.

Back