-- Must Read -- New Forum Rules --

Nagel

Old Salt...
Premium Member
Ok guys....

I know this forum is for zoo lovers, myself included, but it looks more and more like the trading forum at times then the zoo forum, so IMMEDIATELY I am prohibiting ALL threads in this forum concerning the sale or trade of zoos. Please, use the appropriate Trading or Selling forums if you would like to trade.

I would prefer we keep this forum limited to discussions re: zoos such as care requirements, posting pictures of what you have and general information regarding zoos, not a bunch of threads providing offerings now but that will have no value to the board in 3 months.... Lets keep it educational here people....

Now.. Let's see some more Zoos!

One suggestion: since there is so much trading of zoo frags, why not open up a subforum in here for that purpose? It would keep things somewhat organized.
-Will (btw, I personally am not crazy about zoos, so I'm pretty unbiased either way)

|'ll mention it to JohnL... It's a good idea, and the only rulethen would be is its strictly for trading, absolutely NO commercial sales

To me, if you are a guy with a display tank and a prop setup and offer frags infrequently, you arent commercial. If you are propagating in 10 tanks and always have 100 frags available, you're now commercial. There is a difference between the hobbiest and the commercial guy, and its a tough line to police..

So how do we keep the users of the forum honest, and limited to trading only? Suggestions? Once I have some ideas, I'll ask John about a subforum...

Hmm, that's the tough part hehe. Unfortunately I think the only solution would have to be constant policing. I think for the most part commercial sales won't become an issue due to the fact that most of us know the big names in coral sales and that anyone really looking to make money would be more likely to just give a link to their own website as opposed to trying to sell every item here. Know what I mean? I think it'd be relatively easy to deal with. Another possibility is allowing ONLY trading and not selling. That would definately cut out anyone trying to take advantage of it. Also, that way somebody like Dr. Mac (just an example) would be able to trade some zoos too if they really wanted to. Now if people want to take it behind-the-scenes and do sales through email, that's fine as long as they're not posting things like "Hey, I have fifty frags of these awesome blue zoos for sale, $30 each! E-mail me!" Also, posts like that would be easy to weed out. I think on the whole it would be pretty simple to handle.
-Will

you know you cant go acting like you are better than everyone because you keep zoas,thats what the sps keepers are for....lol.......j/k........

well i think it would be a good idea for one thread on here to be about zoo selling and trading, just my 2 cents
that thread would be kept current and people would need to pm each other to make offers. just post like this, this is what i have or something like that and then they would have to post pics and have pms for offers

Subforum is a bad idea .. imagine you're new to reefcentral and you're looking to trade some zoos .. where do you go? The classifieds, of course!
Too confusing IMO.

Re: -- Must Read -- New Forum Rules --

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=1320334#post1320334 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Nagel
Ok guys....

I know this forum is for zoo lovers, myself included, but it looks more and more like the trading forum at times then the zoo forum, so IMMEDIATELY I am prohibiting ALL threads in this forum concerning the sale or trade of zoos. Please, use the appropriate Trading or Selling forums if you would like to trade.

I would prefer we keep this forum limited to discussions re: zoos such as care requirements, posting pictures of what you have and general information regarding zoos, not a bunch of threads providing offerings now but that will have no value to the board in 3 months.... Lets keep it educational here people....

Now.. Let's see some more Zoos!
"Selling" link does not work

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=4231153#post4231153 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by imgrtful
you know you cant go acting like you are better than everyone because you keep zoas,thats what the sps keepers are for....lol.......j/k........

:mixed:

Back