My 10 Gallon Reef Project??

Lookin' good!

Not sure on the zoos....I've had some that look just fine and then they melted away.

What's your water quality like?
I've also noticed that zoos like "dirtier" water...when I was religiously doing water changes (I have a sps dominated tank), I began loosing zoas. Now that I have been slacking, the zoas are coming back and looking better than before.

Lookin' good!

Not sure on the zoos....I've had some that look just fine and then they melted away.

What's your water quality like?
I've also noticed that zoos like "dirtier" water...when I was religiously doing water changes (I have a sps dominated tank), I began loosing zoas. Now that I have been slacking, the zoas are coming back and looking better than before.

Well, I get a 0 reading for nitrates, and I have absolutely no sign of algal growth, so I'd say that it's pretty pristine at the moment. I haven't tested phosphates yet, may do that at lunch, but I'm going to guess that get a near 0 reading if not 0.

I may start moving them up onto the rockwork over the next couple of days. I read that "trumpeting" is a result of needing light. I can move the pendant down some as well, but I'll have to watch the temperature closely.

The frags are actually about 26 inches from the lamp right now as it's 16" off the water, and the frags are on the sand bed of the 10 gallon tank. Probably time to start moving them closer to the bulb.

Starting to see a little bit of algal growth.

Tried to get an old maxijet running at lunchtime, but only ended up toppling all of my rock work. I had the structure glued together, but it didn't hold.

Need to stay up with water changes as I'm not off to a great start. Got water mixing now for a change this evening. Not sure if I'll get it done tonight or tomorrow though.

Algae is minimal. just a bit of "fuzz" on some of the frag plugs and a very small diatom dusting on one part of the sand bed. I'll get the other powerhead going, and hopefully solve part of it. I'm afraid I may need to replace my RO/DI media as well. DI resin looks exhausted, and I've never changed my membrane. Will check TDS tonight.

Should've waited until winter to start again, but oh well.

Playing with Movie Maker. Pardon the quality of the video as it was shot with my blackberry. Hope to have a better quality video soon, but need to do some camera shopping.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHAbE_wtOfQ?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KHAbE_wtOfQ?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Back