My bad Vacation in Canada

jarrett shark

So i went to Canada this pass 5 days like i always do to go snowmobile with 6 of my buddys. I take my trailer that holds 4 sled and we drive 10hrs to Canada. Well this year the temps was in the 20's not like last year in the minus 30's. SO the first day my buddy crashed and wreaked his sled and broke his sholder. That same day we got lost for 4hrs and what turned into a 5hrs of riding turned into 12hrs. No big deal because i love to ride,LOL

That same night we went to park our sleds in the hotels security area and the guy and the front desk gave me a hard time for some reason but gave in 10mins later. The last day we went all day riding and said to ourselfs lets load the trailer up that night so the next morning we get in the truck and leave with no headachs loading the truck at 5am.

So we went to bed and woke up to find that 3 sleds were stolen out of my trailer and off my buddy pickup bed. My heart droped to floor because I have a sled that worth 10k and is all modified. So we called the cops to get a police report and something ran a bell in my head. The night before the guy at the front desk gave me a hard time locking the sleds up in the hotel security area thats has a 24hr camera. So a light in my head went off that this guy is involved. So i told the cops this and turns out his brother is been in and out of jail for robbery. So the cops questioned him for 1 hr and told me they call me and keep me posted.

So we had to go home and it hurt knowing my sleds are in this towns somewere and i cant do nothing. So after driving home 7hrs that day the cops called me and asked me to tell me what the sleds look like because he is in a bush in front of this house lstacked out ooking at my 2 sleds. He said he has to get a warrent and will call me back. After that call i turned around and drove back to Canada 6hrs later. The cops called back 1hr later saying they found the 2 sleds and still missing 1 sled. The guys brother got arrested again and my luck came true that it was my sled they found. So after driving for 24hrs all day i am home with my sled.:dance::dance::dance:

I found out that Canda has very high robbery for snowmobiles since its snowmobile country. My problem is i had my guard down and we should of been my alert and locked the sleds up better but i did not know it was that bad here. I love Canada so much but it makes me think 2x next time if we go.

In-freakin-sane Jarrett...

You gotta still gotta be tired.

Glad to hear you got your baby back though.

Freakin Canada...:rolleyes:

Glad to hear you got your toys back! ...... but you said 3 were stolen and only 2 recovered.....? Where'd the other one go? was it one of your buddies sled??

Sorry to hear about your nightmare man!

and I thought Canadians where "nice" I say we invade ... on a good day our salvation army can kick their butt

LOL...sorry to hear Jarrett, but there are plenty of nice places right here in the US for sledding...I went to Montreal once never again!..got into more bar room brawls ...I think I'm still wanted there...LOL

thanks guys, the other sled is still missing
i forgot to say when the cops showed to the hotel that said to go in the trail and see if the robers maybe left the sled in the trail so i drove around for 2hrs at 5am ready to kill someone, the cops told me if i found them i can beat them up to almost death,how crazy

Hey I live in Canada and let me tell you it could of been worse!! We had loaded 4 brand new sled on a trailer and 1 in the back of a brand new pickup so a total of 5 sled the night before leaving for a poker and in the morning we looked outside and the truck and all the sleds were stolen!!! They found the truck smashed up and no sleds!! That was $120000 theft!! So I am happy for you that you got 2 of the sleds back. Canada is not that bad for thefts but in snowmobile country during the winter always i mean always lock up your sled!!!!!!!

Hey Jarret i showed this post to my buddy who also goes to canada to snowmobile and he said no surprise he has his and his friends sleds stolen as well and that was 10 years ago so it's seems like the damn kanuks are sled stealing crazy. I say we load up on some guns and lots of ammo and go canadian bacon huntin

Hey I live in Canada and let me tell you it could of been worse!! We had loaded 4 brand new sled on a trailer and 1 in the back of a brand new pickup so a total of 5 sled the night before leaving for a poker and in the morning we looked outside and the truck and all the sleds were stolen!!! They found the truck smashed up and no sleds!! That was $120000 theft!! So I am happy for you that you got 2 of the sleds back. Canada is not that bad for thefts but in snowmobile country during the winter always i mean always lock up your sled!!!!!!!

wow that sucks, i feel your pain

Hey Jarret i showed this post to my buddy who also goes to canada to snowmobile and he said no surprise he has his and his friends sleds stolen as well and that was 10 years ago so it's seems like the damn kanuks are sled stealing crazy. I say we load up on some guns and lots of ammo and go canadian bacon huntin

I think they use the parts to sell to the sled rentail places for all the people wh smake them up

Jarrett.. have you contacted the management regarding the incident with the clerk who refused to lock up your sleds overnight. It's clearly obvious that he was in co-hoots with his brother since his brother was the one who got arrested. Otherwise how would have the brother known about the sleds. Tip-off.

Last edited:
yeah i called but if he did not get arrested they cant do nothing, they gave me 1 night free but i would never stay there again, they should pay for all the gas and impound fees then maybe i stay there again( hotel 8)

You may need to consult an attorney(free consultation) and find out what penalties the motel and brother could pay for. Your talking about damages, expenses and so fourth.

I just read this -- I frequently fall way behind keeping up with you guys!

Holy crap. Unreal story, Jarrett. Glad you got yours back -- sorry for your bud whose sled wasn't recovered.

George

I just got the call they found the last sled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they said it was burried in the trail and someone saw it driving by. They must of got scared and ditched it when they knew the cops found the other 2 sleds.
So big ups to Canada police!!!!!!!!!

Thank god because my freind went back to Canada this weekend and i just called him just in time before he left

wow Jarrett you didn't tell me all that! Damn bro ..I would def sue the hotel. At least for the fact you had to drive all the way back there. I wish I knew I woulda road tripped it with ya. I hope you didn't go alone.

thanks guys, the other sled is still missing
i forgot to say when the cops showed to the hotel that said to go in the trail and see if the robers maybe left the sled in the trail so i drove around for 2hrs at 5am ready to kill someone, the cops told me if i found them i can beat them up to almost death,how crazy
lol! You gotta be kidding! Glad you got them all back.

Back