My HUGE 42 Gallon project...

hey, wait a minute.... I thought you painted the thing before you installed the overflow? did you scrape the paint? were you having problems with it adhereing to the paint?

Gotta love Acetone!!! Silicon will adhere to anything but for max hold power glass to glass is the way to go and no lead to contaminate your water. BTW, there is enough room for me to add a divider and create a small fuge if you are interested.

The main reason FOR the Sump, is the Refugium.... so that's not even an option.

Just started the piping last night but ended up missing some parts so I gotta make a trip to the hardware store....

man, one week he says, but it's ok, since I'm still waiting on my Protein Skimmer which is in the mail and the lights I haven't even ordered due to Xmas shopping.....

It's the holidays...he won't be finished until after Jan 5. take your time... Did you wet test the overflow yet? Do that before you do anything else. (not that I am paranoid that my glass skills aren't good or anything...)

Great! Glad to hear the overflow doesn't leak. The bulkhead is th only thing I question when I build from glass as it is most prone to leaks

So I finally got it, very impressed with quality of work.. 8,500 Yen.

DSC_2586.jpg

DSC_2597.jpg

lagoon guy gets his own acrylic, very cheap, I'm assuming, don't know where... but the place that I've seen it , is called marunaka. Cheapest hardware store for anything IMO. out gate 2 kadena, make a left at 4 corners, past 85, past Autobacs, past McDonalds, it'll be on your left hand side, hardware store that is packed to the rim with people all the time.

Back