My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

I have redone my controller and got it ready to program, when I realised, unlike any other code I have used, you don't have a section with all the pin numbers set. I have switched round a lot of pins and have found where you have set them. It seems you have used alternate pin numbers like PA0 etc. Is it as simple as renaming them to the new ones? And also, I cannot find anywhere where you have specified the pins for the outlets in the code?

All help appreciated as this is proving a little trickier than expected lol

There is a PDF file on the git hub it will show you the the pin assignments
If you mean the schematic, I am aware of that but I am trying to change the pins used in the code but they are not listed in the code like #define "item" "pin number" it is done using references like PH0 and this is done several times in lots of different places within the code.

hmmmm seems as though the daylight savings change over didnt work, any one else have the same issue?

it worked for me.

this is the log from Nov 1

01:00:00 Auto adjusted DST time.
01:00:00 Current time is 11/01/2015 01:00:00

It adjusted from 2am to 1am.

if you reboot now, you should see something like this in the log

13:11:46 AutoDST enabled.
13:11:46 It is currently not DST.
13:11:46 Got NTP time
13:11:46 NTP time is 11/01/2015 13:11:46

I have redone my controller and got it ready to program, when I realised, unlike any other code I have used, you don't have a section with all the pin numbers set. I have switched round a lot of pins and have found where you have set them. It seems you have used alternate pin numbers like PA0 etc. Is it as simple as renaming them to the new ones? And also, I cannot find anywhere where you have specified the pins for the outlets in the code?

All help appreciated as this is proving a little trickier than expected lol

which pin do you want to move?
not all pins can be moved, like pwm pins.
and if a pin is tied to an interrupt (like buzzer), you will have to modify the interrupt setup.

if you do a google search, you can find pinout diagram like this that shows your the equivalent arduino pin for the AVR chip pin name.

https://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/file/view/Mega2-900.jpg/421499040/Mega2-900.jpg

30.gif
Omg I love it. Was about to build a jarduino but need web interface. Now what to do w my touch screen lcd. Want one to test w? Maybe u can make it work?
40.gif
41.gif

So is there like a wiki for this or is the github pretty much have schematics and software updated? What I saw for schematics on git hub seemed fairly old so I just wanted to double check.

I really interested in implementing this when I get the chance. I looked at the Apex but just seems too expensive after you start adding up all the little modules etc.

So is there like a wiki for this or is the github pretty much have schematics and software updated? What I saw for schematics on git hub seemed fairly old so I just wanted to double check.

I really interested in implementing this when I get the chance. I looked at the Apex but just seems too expensive after you start adding up all the little modules etc.

just the git hub, the schematic on there is accurate but i suspect will change once dough boy finishes the LED part, but at this point that looks like an add-on with a separate board........unless i misunderstand stand how he is doing it

it worked for me.

this is the log from Nov 1

01:00:00 Auto adjusted DST time.
01:00:00 Current time is 11/01/2015 01:00:00

It adjusted from 2am to 1am.

if you reboot now, you should see something like this in the log

13:11:46 AutoDST enabled.
13:11:46 It is currently not DST.
13:11:46 Got NTP time
13:11:46 NTP time is 11/01/2015 13:11:46
well it looks like i didn't update my sketch folder last time you fixed the auto DST cause it changed over last night.

just the git hub, the schematic on there is accurate but i suspect will change once dough boy finishes the LED part, but at this point that looks like an add-on with a separate board........unless i misunderstand stand how he is doing it

Cool thanks so are there going to be a lot of changes coming soon? Cause it seemed like he was working on a new board there a few posts ago. But yeah its a lot to go over all the history here.. :eek1:

Oh also. Is it still going to be a ardiuo mega and that Ethernet shield going forward? Saw something about a different $9 cpu board but don't know if that was just a curiosity at this point. I was thinking about going ahead and getting those parts. Then got to figure out what other stuff I need.

the new board for controller will be using teensy 3.2 in order to reduce the footprint and use esp8266 for wifi connection. I am waiting for LED controller pcb to arrive and currently finishing the pcb layout for the new chauvet controller board.

BTW, the operation/general idea of how the new controller works will be the same as the original controller. Due to less IO pins on teensy 3.2 vs arduino mega, I have to make some minor design changes. The main one is there will still be support for 16 outlets (sort of), but 4 pins can be used for Doser control. This means if you want to control 16 outlets, then you do not have any doser function. If you use 2 dosers, then you can have a max of 14 outlets. 2 ULN2803 are used to provide 16 outputs and voltage is selectable 12v or 5v. The second ULN2803 where dosers are connected, the chip common is fixed at 12v since doser pump is 12v, but the rest of the pins can still be used for 12v or 5v, but will not use the built in protection diode of uln2803. Which is probably fine as most relay boards do not need the protection diode.

it is still fine to build the current controller, as most parts can be reused on the new board.

the new board for controller will be using teensy 3.2 in order to reduce the footprint and use esp8266 for wifi connection. I am waiting for LED controller pcb to arrive and currently finishing the pcb layout for the new chauvet controller board.

BTW, the operation/general idea of how the new controller works will be the same as the original controller. Due to less IO pins on teensy 3.2 vs arduino mega, I have to make some minor design changes. The main one is there will still be support for 16 outlets (sort of), but 4 pins can be used for Doser control. This means if you want to control 16 outlets, then you do not have any doser function. If you use 2 dosers, then you can have a max of 14 outlets. 2 ULN2803 are used to provide 16 outputs and voltage is selectable 12v or 5v. The second ULN2803 where dosers are connected, the chip common is fixed at 12v since doser pump is 12v, but the rest of the pins can still be used for 12v or 5v, but will not use the built in protection diode of uln2803. Which is probably fine as most relay boards do not need the protection diode.

it is still fine to build the current controller, as most parts can be reused on the new board.

You could use a I2C GPIO expander if you needed more IO pins or is it just a cost/size issue?

so I got a prototype going now It doesn't have all the bells and whistles yet. So I not totally sure what all the connections do yet. Like the PWM pumps for instance. I assuming those are just like power heads kinda? I'm doing a small tank so I don't think I be doing DC pumps for that lol.

So is there not any control for timing your lights yet? is that what the LED thing is going to be for I presume?

jsKHFmDl.jpg

you can use the PWM pumps outputs to dim your LEDs that is that i do, just set it up in the webinterface on H1 and the % you want you may need to make some sort of circuit depending on how your LEDs dim, the arduino puts out 5v PWM

You can't connect your lights to an outlet power switch and just use a timer setting or something I take it for now? I not as familiar with how it all works totally yet.

Back