My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

yeah I do tin plating if I'm not intending to IR solder the board. I'm sure at some point if your making enough of them it pays to just have them fab'ed. I can't do things like plated through holes very easy. I've tried but its a lot of work. lol

good day
please anyone help me
i have atlas ph not working (no green light blink ) with simple code and it's working with my neptune apex
i use same wire and same location for ph circuit
i'm trying to return atlas ph to original factory settings and calibration again by simple code

145123016216872.jpg

145123016112821.jpg
[/url]http://www.up-00.com/[/IMG]

thanks

I'm not sure what to tell you I did it in different way to ensure I was talking to the device right using a USB to serial cable. You go two things to debug your code and weather you got it hooked up correctly. This makes it very hard to narrow down what your problem is. If you can maybe try using the first serial port instead of using serial port 3 cause I've never tried to use it. Also do you know for sure what baud rate you had it setup for. If you don't have that right you won't be able to talk. Maybe try different baud rates etc.

good day
please anyone help me
i have atlas ph not working (no green light blink ) with simple code and it's working with my neptune apex
i use same wire and same location for ph circuit
i'm trying to return atlas ph to original factory settings and calibration again by simple code

thanks

I'm not sure what you mean. I think you mean if the ph stamp is connected to the controller circuit (since I see the ethernet shield), then it works, but connected stand alone it does not work?

The led on the stamp can be turned on/off with a command. if the stamp is working on one setup, it should work for any setup.

How do you test robustness? How can you trust that your controller isn't susceptible to getting corrupted data or getting its code jumbled up?

I have a commercial controller and that happened to me. I'm going DIY but I need to start with a robust base.

Can redundancy be used? Two processors and two network boards? Etc...

How do you test robustness? How can you trust that your controller isn't susceptible to getting corrupted data or getting its code jumbled up?

I have a commercial controller and that happened to me. I'm going DIY but I need to start with a robust base.

Can redundancy be used? Two processors and two network boards? Etc...

if you keep your design really simple, then that is a big step.

people want all bells and whistles and that makes the hardware and software more complicated and it is harder to test or know what can go wrong.

ok, once you identified one query that is having problem (truncated), you can determine the complete url for that query, then submit that using curl or a browser and see if it gets truncated or not.

ok so what I notice is there is a lag in-between the whole packet. So I get part of the packet then maybe a noticeable pause then the rest. Doesn't always do this as well so that makes sense. So for some reason something isn't quite waiting long enough for the rest of the packet to come in before it says the thing is bad maybe at times. I don't totally understand how it works.

if you keep your design really simple, then that is a big step.

people want all bells and whistles and that makes the hardware and software more complicated and it is harder to test or know what can go wrong.

I would agree with you that simpler means less things to go wrong. Unfortunately I think I had the internet shield hang on me? I'm not sure what happened but all of a sudden I could not talk to the controller remotely. That is sort of a bummer. I had to have someone come and power cycle the thing to get it back. That and the issues I been having with connectivity l say its been a bit frustrating lately.

I guess it was mentioned on a different thread that the internet shield chip is prone to hanging and susceptible to EMI ever hear of this?

That being said it hasn't ever stop doing the rest of it's basic tasks other than a ATO pump that went bad which wasn't of course the controllers fault. At least from the logs I could tell something wasn't right.

That's why I was asking if a backup shield or maybe a self-check so that if it gets stuck, it cycles or resets back into a healthy state?

That's why I was asking if a backup shield or maybe a self-check so that if it gets stuck, it cycles or resets back into a healthy state?

the current code checks for network connectivity. I can't remember the interval, but I know it checks at 20 minutes past midnight. It will reinitialize ethernet library if it detects network issue.

ok so what I notice is there is a lag in-between the whole packet. So I get part of the packet then maybe a noticeable pause then the rest. Doesn't always do this as well so that makes sense. So for some reason something isn't quite waiting long enough for the rest of the packet to come in before it says the thing is bad maybe at times. I don't totally understand how it works.

If you want, I can check if you email me your external url and login.

did you wire up all the hardware like in the connection diagram?

You must have temp and ph probe connected in order for the program to run.

in init sensors, you can see if the sensor initialization fails, it stops the program. So in case you did not get a temp or the atlas stamp and ph probe yet, you must comment out the corresponding code here, and temporarily change getTemp() and getph() to return a hard coded value like 79.0 and 8.0.

Code:
void initSensors() {
  if (initTemp()) {
    p(F("Temp OK.        "));
    logMessage(F("Temp sensor initialized."));
  } else {
    beepFail();
    p(F("Temp Init failed"));
    logMessage(F("Temp Init failed"));
    for(;;);
  }
  if (initPH()) {
    p(F("pH OK.          "));
    logMessage(F("pH sensor initialized."));   
  } else {
    beepFail();
    p(F("pH Init failed  "));
    logMessage(F("pH Init failed"));
    for(;;);   
  } 
}

I suggest testing the web page last until you complete the hardware. you can still load you test sketches to test each piece of the hardware (relays, temp sensor, atlas ph stamp, etc). You can find test sketches by doing google search or just write your own.

The web page is really of very limited use if you do not have the sensors.

I dont have the stamps yet but would like to run this with just the tempreture sensor. You gave the above instructions in the beggining of the thread but I know the code has signifcantly changed since then. What exact changes are needed for me to run the current code with just a tempreture sensor? Thanks in advance.

I dont have the stamps yet but would like to run this with just the tempreture sensor. You gave the above instructions in the beggining of the thread but I know the code has signifcantly changed since then. What exact changes are needed for me to run the current code with just a tempreture sensor? Thanks in advance.

comment out the ph section as described in prev message and change the getph to return a hard coded value. If you want to change the web page display to not show ph at all, you need to modify the html and javacript.

comment out the ph section as described in prev message and change the getph to return a hard coded value. If you want to change the web page display to not show ph at all, you need to modify the html and javacript.

So I commented out the pH but can not find "getph" anywhere in the script. Also exactly what would i hard code in?

Sean

what happens if you just comment out #define _PH in config.h?

It works in that I get to the home page and I can go into sub pages and change things, however the GUI crashes when I try to click back and I have to reload the home page every time. I was thinking this may be caused by not making the pH change. Also nothing shows up for the PWM FAN control. I will post a video of what I am talking about later.

Thanks,
Sean

It works in that I get to the home page and I can go into sub pages and change things, however the GUI crashes when I try to click back and I have to reload the home page every time.

Do not work in Chrome and Explorer.
It works normal in FireFox!

I think it is a browser issue. I know the "back" used to work for all browsers. I have not tried to fix this yet.
I think the jquery version is not compatible with the latest chrome, explorer and safari.
I can't just use the latest jquery since it is not 100% compatible.
I'll see if I can find a way to get this to work again for all browsers.

Back