My Neptune Apex web interface compatible DIY reef controller

define an outlet, say outlet5 "Fan"
Then in corresponding position in #define OUTLETDEFS, make sure to change the entry to Fan. Then in entry in #define OUTLETSDEFAULT, just define it to 0,0,0,EVERYDAY,_auto since it will be turned on/off by temp and not by schedule.

I'm still putting together all the libraries the project will use.
I got an oled display but it was defective, so I have to order another one.
Both my teensy's also died. I installed a clean arduino 1.6.5 and was able to get the teensy's to work again. I lost a few days trying to get the teensy's to work.
the sdfat library had quite a big update from the version I used in the chauvet project, and I want to see if I can use the long filenames feature. If it works well, it will be quite helpful as I can store javascript libraries in the sd card using the original long filenames. Still a lot of work to do.

By any chance would you be willing to make/sell me a unit? This is amazing work you have done here. I am currently looking into picking up an apex so PM me if you would be interested!

I just stumbled across this thread, awesome build and thank you so much for sharing the code and mapping out the connections! I just dug up an arduino board and am excited to try this out :)

Not exactly sure i follow how to wire up the ULN2803A. I get the D30-D37 pin in/out of the ULN, but how to hook up the 12v power to pin 5?

Quick Q:

followed the readme and tried to compile it and get the following error:
Chauvet16.ino:12:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory
#include <LiquidCrystal_I2C.h>

I have verified that that file does indeed exist> C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystalLiquidCrystal_I2C.h

any idea why its not finding it?

This may have been asked before but I had not come across it skimming through all the pages.

Could something very similar be achieved using a mini pc with a Windows OS?

Just asking since I have one just sitting on a shelf.

Not exactly sure i follow how to wire up the ULN2803A. I get the D30-D37 pin in/out of the ULN, but how to hook up the 12v power to pin 5?

ULN is open collector, so you connect the ULN output to one end of the relay coil, and the other end of the relay coil is connected to 12V (this is on a chauvet relay box). Since the chauvet relays have clamp diodes, we do not need to connect pin 10 of ULN. The 12V is your 12V power supply.

Quick Q:

followed the readme and tried to compile it and get the following error:
Chauvet16.ino:12:31: fatal error: LiquidCrystal_I2C.h: No such file or directory
#include <liquidcrystal_i2c.h>

I have verified that that file does indeed exist> C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystalLiquidCrystal_I2C.h

any idea why its not finding it?

I always install libraries in my sketchbook folder. You can try that.

To find your sketchbook folder, select File/Preferences in Arduino IDE, the first item is your sketchbook folder location. Go to that folder can create a new folder called libraries. Then copy the LiquidCrystal library folder into that folder. You need to restart arduino after copying the files.

</liquidcrystal_i2c.h>

Doughboy

Are you planning on printing the main board for nicer fit in the chauvet? I would like to buy it since I am not that good with soldering :(

Doughboy

Are you planning on printing the main board for nicer fit in the chauvet? I would like to buy it since I am not that good with soldering :(

yes. it will be the size of a mega board, but I will be using a teensy and esp01 wifi.

since I use the 8 channel relay board, I do not need the uln2803 driver. But I think some folks use 12v relays (or to chauvet) so it will need to have a uln, so I will add that as an option

I was thinking of just using the uln, and just make the COM pin voltage selectable (12v or 5v). I'll do it this way if I can find uln chip at a cheap price. As it will really simplify the board.

yes. it will be the size of a mega board, but I will be using a teensy and esp01 wifi.

since I use the 8 channel relay board, I do not need the uln2803 driver. But I think some folks use 12v relays (or to chauvet) so it will need to have a uln, so I will add that as an option

I was thinking of just using the uln, and just make the COM pin voltage selectable (12v or 5v). I'll do it this way if I can find uln chip at a cheap price. As it will really simplify the board.

Awesome! It will be so much easier to assemble the whole controller for the people like me who is not good with iron. Even if the board will be empty it will be still easier to solder items to the appropriate spots without **** load of wires. Put me first on the waiting list.

I've been working over a week now getting the esp8266 wifi to work as webserver. And my final conclusion is, esp8266 firmware is still not ready for primetime.
I tested a real jquery demo program that loads several css and js files simultaneously. what firefox does is, once it reads in the main html header containing the links to the other files, it starts requesting them right away, so there are now like 5 new incoming connections while the main html is still being send back. This itself is fine, but esp8266 firmware gets messed up (incoming data is completely lost) if outgoing data and incoming occur at the same time.

This is the same bug report I sent before that espressif denied and claims it is fixed.

Doing one connection at a time is handled fine by esp8266, and is probably how most people use it.

on v1.3 firmware, they added a setting for AP mode to limit the number of incoming connections, say to 1. But this option is not available in normal mode, so it is fixed to receive 5 connections. It is fine if it can handle it, but as it is now, it cannot. I'll send them an email to see if that option can be added to infrastructure mode. If that does not get anywhere, then I'll have to figure a way to work around this.

I'm sill fighting to get that darn plugin to be recognized. Tried moving the library and still have the same issue. I may just try another computer.. What version of arduino are you using?

Can anyone please email me their modified libraries. I am not new to ardiuno but despite following the directions to a T I can't get this thing to compile. I have tried both 1.0.5 and 1.6.3 placing the libraries in the appropriate location and making the suggested modifications. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Sean

Back