My New Tank

Here are a couple of pictures of the mount I built. I used 1" EMT conduit. I tried to bend a 90 degree elbow myself but I couldn't get a nice clean radius so I ended up purchasing a pre-bent 90 at Home Depot.
50Cubelights013.jpg

50Cubelights016.jpg

The bracket allows me to swing the light left or right to clean the tank.

Thanks. That makes sense. Great idea and VERY clean final product. Well done.

how did you stabilize the light on the tank? i mean what is it attached to at the back of the tank?

I used 1" EMT U brackets screwed to the back of the stand and a 16 gauge angle that the EMT pipe sits on at the bottom of the stand just above the floor.

If you dont mind me asking, with what? I'd like to make something similar for my AI.

I spot welded (but you could also tact weld at the ends) 4 pieces of 16 gauge sheet metal together (1-2"x10", 2-11/16"x10", 1-7/8"x10") and then welded a 1" EMT coupler to the 2" piece. The bracket then slides on to the groove on the side of the AI fixture. I then installed a sheet metal screw through the top of the 2" piece of metal and into the aluminum heat sink. This does leave two small holes in the side of the heat sink, but I don't see that as a issue if I were to sell the fixture in the future.

Wanna make me one?

Haha +1.

I'm thinking this guy could make a couple bucks, if he made 10 or 20 of these! I can't stop looking at how clean this tank looks. I love the AI modules, but that hanging frame they sell really does a disservice to the beauty of the module.

yea! I thought my setup was pretty decent. After seeing this I can't help but shake my head at my light mount.

I just found this thread. I love how the AI Sol is mounted. And I agree with the others, you could make some $$ if you built that mounting unit for other AI owners who don't want to hang their light.

Back